Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Small semi automatic hybrid project

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am

Can you send me the original diagrams by e-mail? I'd like to translate them so non-Spanish speaking members can understand them better.
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 287

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:21 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Can you send me the original diagrams by email? I'd like to translate them so non-Spanish speaking members can understand them better.

Yes, I send them to you by email. Thanks, Jack :)

New ammunition loading system and firing gun. :D


This is the diagram of the system that today finished building, for 5.5 mm balls of lead. Luckily, it worked well. In this design I used two o rings to completely seal the firing barrel, (smooth bore). Apart it is safer because the tube to house the ammunition, is not exposed to the explosion pressure, and can be fiberglass, simply.
I just need to integrate the pneumatic actuator of simple effect, to achieve the automatic movement of the slide, (in gray in the design).
  • 1

Attachments
Sistema carga BBs .22 plomo,  HA-SA I.png
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 am

Here I leave several photos of the new ammunition loading system and other components. The photos are being installed, inside the weapon. Later on in time, I will upload a new shooting test video with the new cal.22 spherical lead ammunition system.
1- Loading system
2- Loading system with pneumatic actuator.
The red arrows indicate where they are attached. I need to do this.
3- Ingestion of the ammunition to the tube that contains them. It can accommodate 7.
4- Shot gun .22, manufactured with a 5/8 "tube and resin inside.
5- Simple effect pneumatic actuator. Produces 12 kg force at 6 bar.
7- Check ball valve, main.
8- Gas dosing unit and low pressure check valve, in the automatic air-butane mixing unit.
9- Exhaust valve that cleans the burned gases from the combustion chamber and its pneumatic actuator
  • 1

Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
P1010113.JPG
Last edited by hectmarr on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Finished charging system. It is for .22 caliber ammunition. Tomorrow I will do a shot test, I will try to film to show it :D
  • 1

Attachments
P1010112.JPG
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:34 am

I love it :) when the zombie apocalypse happens I hope you're on my team!
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 287

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 am

Oh yeah! we are going to sprinkle with balls of lead everything that is not human jajajaja :bounce:
  • 0

Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:54 pm

This is another charging system, which I have built, of test.
These are the pictures. It worked correctly, luckily :bounce: I think I will continue with the previous one, the video, and the previous diagrams, because it adapts better to what I need.
When I can, I'll upload a video of the tests.
  • 1

Attachments
Diagrama general, como lo probé..gif
Diagrama general, como lo probé..gif (24.15 KiB) Viewed 655 times
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Looks great, looking forward to seeing any test videos you might have! I agree with your assessment elsewhere that " lacks the flexibility to adapt to the variations of the different shots, in terms of power", because changing a variable with the projectile means that you could upset the system - but still, for science, these things should be tried and it seems you did a great job of building it!
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 287

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:31 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Looks great, looking forward to seeing any test videos you might have! I agree with your assessment elsewhere that " lacks the flexibility to adapt to the variations of the different shots, in terms of power", because changing a variable with the projectile means that you could upset the system - but still, for science, these things should be tried and it seems you did a great job of building it!

It was especially complicated for me, because everything has to be fair. Tomorrow afternoon I will make the video to share here.
It is "instantaneous" the operation, because practically can not be seen when the ajuga moves. On the other hand, better not to put your fingers near it because it seems to have the energy to hit very hard ... That is the most important precaution.
I have tried it without any firing gun, and I have played with the tension of the spring, but it does not fully discover the hole through which the bb + s enter. Then I incorporated a small gun, 15 cm, (which had been discarded), and opened fully, about 3 cm. Includes two silicone washers to soften the blow on the needle.
In short it requires regulation of the main spring, the spring of the small retaining ball, the spring that presses the bbs into the tube where they are housed, coordinated all this, with the resistance of the main retention o`ring. This regulates the pressure within the system. If it is short the bb does not enter. I have regulated this to the maximum to ensure the entry of the BBs inside the pipe.
Thank you jack for the design, and the push to build it and try it. I learn like that! :)
  • 1

Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 am

Here is a small video of how the system works. I am using the HA-SA 1 as a test bench, gas generator.
For some mysterious reason, my video editor Pinacle, stopped working ... :? that's why I put the three videos separately.
In the first one you see shooting. In the second, how is it built? In the third, implying a pair of ammunition with the spring of the system one at a time. :)

https://youtu.be/SJmfS-2kb1g
https://youtu.be/c4K0FqfuQcQ
  • 1

Last edited by hectmarr on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Excellent! And brave of you to sit behind it during testing :D Great to see it work, even though as you say it limits the type of ammunition you can use and power level without needing to be retuned.

Also using it as a spring-loaded mini launcher was the icing on the cake!!! :lol:
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 287

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 pm

I have to build another to incorporate a semiautomatic weapon. I have already observed where it is necessary to reinforce the construction.
Maybe try to take gases from the first third or of the barrel, to soften a bit the energy of the system. For the rest, with steel bbs, it works very well. :)
Another alternative is to use an adjustable restriction to limit the amount of gases entering the system.
  • 0

Attachments
Diagrama general, como lo probé..gif
Diagrama general, como lo probé..gif (24.22 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Con toma de gases en el cañón, dif.gif
Con toma de gases en el cañón, dif.gif (24.26 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:20 am

Going back to what I am going to use to power the HA-SA 1, this is the design of the ammunition loading system.
It is similar to what I am using, but it has added the retention o`ring, which can be adjusted, and the needle to press the bb .22 lead, against the o`ring.
I'm starting construction, although I have to get some materials. :)
  • 1

Attachments
Sist. carga 1.png
Sist. carga 1.png (2.52 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Sist. carga 2.png
Sist. carga 2.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Last edited by hectmarr on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 am

Slightly polished animation:

Image

Looking good!
  • 1

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 287

Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks, Jack.
A possible option is to operate the system by gases. The necessary modifications are minimal. The "piston" that is the rear part of the slide, (what moves), has a large area, and I think that with little gas could stretch the spring that works with traction, in this case.
  • 1

Attachments
Sist carga con retenc. opción por gases 1.png
Sist carga con retenc. opción por gases 1.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Sist carga con retec. opción por gases 2.png
Sist carga con retec. opción por gases 2.png (5.43 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 183

PreviousNext

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot]

Reputation System ©'