Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Autonomous hybrid caliber .25 Prototype 2

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Autonomous hybrid caliber .25 Prototype 2

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 pm

keks2033 wrote:I think, on temperature and dirt rubber seals quickly deteriorate

I have tried the system a lot and I have not had these problems. The interior of the combustion chamber is always absolutely clean, free of dirt, as in a piston-type combustion engine. It only communicates with the outside, at the moment when the gases leave at high speed and pressure, from the inside out, so it is imperative that something can enter. The o'ring does not burn, as I observed in the experimentation. I use the commons, but I will try to use viton, if necessary. What does damage the o'ring is if the exhaust hole is not very well polished inside the tube. For the rest among all the prototypes that I have built with this system, about 3, and I have fired them countless times, they continue to work correctly :D

When I had nothing, I did a lot. Now that I have everything, I do not do anything. Damned karma
hectmarr
Major
Major

Re: Autonomous hybrid caliber .25 Prototype 2

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:38 pm

keks2033 wrote:Image You can do so. On the red piston, too, there are rubber seals that would be tight. The area of the red piston is small, so there is no need for a strong spring. The green piston can be made without a spring so that it can open the gas outlet completely. A bit difficult, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Nice design but impossible to do for me, it is more complicated, in practice. The one I propose is simpler and works well. I just have to give a turner the plans to make the two lids and the piston in steel, which are very simple elements. Until now they were epoxy resin, but for 10 -12X, they must be made of bronze or steel to last.
I have tried something similar to this that you tell me.
Thanks for your opinion and the diagram.

Attachments
Válvula escape con despresurización.png
When I had nothing, I did a lot. Now that I have everything, I do not do anything. Damned karma
hectmarr
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion