Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Planning the new hybrid

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Planning the new hybrid

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 pm

I carried out tests of the system for repetitive firing of the new hybrid that I plan to build :D The caliber will be small, (according to my possibilities of making noise and space), .25, with steel pellets or diabolo, I have not decided yet.
n the tests, I'm using diabolos, because I already had this ready, and the test facility, (not weapon), with recycled elements that I keep just for this.
It works perfectly, I've fired it many times. I leave some photos, and some diagrams.
The "Pneumatic timer" is used to determine the gas inlet time to the doser, about 1.5 seconds. The idea is simply to pull the handle and release. This automatically performs the opening and closing of the exhaust valve, the gas charge and its dosage, and the butane-air mixture charge in the combustion chamber. The system is relatively wasteful, a little air, (is a problem that solves many other problems, more important), in favor of having on board the weapon, the smallest possible number of elements.
If the ammunition is spherical, the operation is reduced to firing and throwing and releasing the crank to make the next shot. The system is the same as I have in my semi-automatic hybrid, (sliding actuated by pneumatic actuator). If the ammunition is pellet, you have to manually load the ammunition and titar and release the crank, and is ready to shoot. In the latter way, I am testing it.
By not using electrovalve, the load pressure can reach up to 15 bar, although I'm testing it at 7 bar, to adjust the design. Today, in the afternoon, I will make a video of the tests. :)
At the end of the post there is an animation of the system. Open the image to see.

Attachments
Prueba sistema híbrido practicus.JPG
Prueba sistema Híbrido practicus, (2).JPG
Sistema híbrido practicus, (compresión)..png
Sistema híbrido practicus, (compresión)..png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Sistema híbrido practicus, (escape)..png
Sistema híbrido practicus, (escape)..png (9.82 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Temporizador neumático.png
Temporizador neumático.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 767 times
ANIMACIÓN sistema hibrido practicus..gif
Ideas don't make holes, guns do!
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Planning the new hybrid

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Interesting design you have here. I've considered trying to make one myself, but making it simple and reliable presents challenges that I haven't thought through yet. Nice work!

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Moonbogg wrote:Interesting design you have here. I've considered trying to make one myself, but making it simple and reliable presents challenges that I haven't thought through yet. Nice work!

thanks Moonbogg I show you a simpler version yet, which I was thinking.
All this is for small hybrids, which is what I do. I have not tried it but I'm totally sure it works well. It barely has a doser, a check valve, and a colizante valve with exhaust, (three ways, two positions), I mean with all this, the dosing system, and power. It no longer has any pneumatic actuator. Just move the valve one second, (as the animation shows,) and release it, and you have the combustion chamber, (any), with the built-in mix, ready to shoot. Very practical. Al final esta la animación.

Attachments
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 743 times
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 743 times
ANIMACIÓN, Sistema híbrido practicus, simplificado.gif
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Small video. The first three cycles are without ammunition, and the two remaining, with pellets.

Last edited by hectmarr on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm

That is friggin awesome. It works really goods too. Makes a nice BANG.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:17 pm

I have to absolutely build all this, because what you see is to test the design, (although I've been tempted to add a handle with the ignition and a simple shoulder support, and a basic open sight, to be able to shoot at some target, with the mechanics in sight). Actually, it's a little bit of my laziness because it's a lot of work :? to do this neatly and with durable materials.
I have thought of naming Hybrid practicus 5 to this weapon. With respect to noise, the video is not totally heard, but it is quite strong when you are close to it.

hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 am

I don't know how you can resist the temptation to do this :D

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 am

My friends have nicknamed this prototype as "Machine to eject pellets", and some, (musicians), have asked if it starts, and can fly... :) I was able to get rid of the solenoid valve, and its pressure limits, thankfully. :D I'm going to let myself get carried away by the mess, a little, and install what is necessary to aim and shoot.
Edited:
I have installed the basics to be able to shoot with the prototype in my hands and I really liked how comfortable it is to operate. :D It is rather short, it does not reach 1 meter, and it came out light. I am now, thinking about the construction, improvements, materials and all that. Of course I'm going to raise the pressure of the mixture to about 10 bar, but in this prototype I did not think it was prudent, because it's one of the first combustion chambers I built, a long time ago, and it does not contribute anything to the design test In herself.

Attachments
Híbrido practicus prototipo.JPG
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 pm

The simplest system just built. It is in relation to size with a common pen to get an idea of ​​the actual size. It consists of the valve body and the variable volume dispenser, (it serves me for several future weapons).
The valve body was designed based on bronze elements, of those used for gas installations, thread 1/4 "bspt, it is very solid, and just press the rod and release, leaving the combustion chamber clean, to zero volume, the dosed gas and all compressed in the chamber, ready to fire, between firing and firing only 5 seconds is necessary, the rest, I mean the firing pipe, ammunition loading and retention system by o´ring, and combustion chamber, is roughly the same as those I have built in the past.
The dispenser was built with a 1 mm thick steel tube, 20 mm inside diameter.
The whole set was successfully tested, it actually works flawlessly, and only consists of these two elements. The test pressures were between 6 and 11 bar, which are the compression pressures that I use in my small-caliber hybrid weapons.
I have thought about installing all this, in a test weapon, (apart from the one above in this publication), to finish making the adjustments. This dispenser can operate between 5 ml and 20 ml of butane. That is the range.
The diagram is this, (I upload it again so as not to confuse it with the previous one, in this same publication).

Attachments
P1010227.JPG
P1010229.JPG
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 231 times
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 231 times
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion