Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Barrel & hpa tank

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
Sponsored 
  • Author
Barrel & hpa tank

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:27 am

I just put together the main parts of my first bbmg. Its a cloud type and I was wondering what kind of material I should use for the barrel. I also dont have an air compressos so how could I make an hpa tank?

Griff
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:30 am

By the way I want it to shoot 6mm airsoft.

Griff
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: spudgunnerwryyyyy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 am

If you regulated the hpa tank it would be fine. 5/16"brakeline works great and its steel so it wont bend easily. go to your local auto parts store and get some.

The Doors are awesome, Led Zeppelin is amazing, and Motley Crue kicks @$$.
Go Orange Box

RAP SUCKS
spudgunnerwryyyyy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: goose_man » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:35 am

Just to let you know, most people frown upon double-posting (two posts by the same person in a row). Try using the edit button in the upper-right corner of the post.

You can use a 3/8" OD Plastruct tube. One of the white ones.

-goose_man

goose_man
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:28 am

Sorry about the double post ( im new ) Ill be on the look out for that brake line. spudgunnerwryyyyy what do you mean by regulate? I also dont have a real air tank right now, just a 2 liter soda bottle. 80 psi gives about 4 sec of constant fireing. could I increase the fire time by just adding more bottles?
Thanks a lot

Griff
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:36 am

Griff wrote:just a 2 liter soda bottle. 80 psi gives about 4 sec of constant fireing. could I increase the fire time by just adding more bottles?
Thanks a lot

with 2 litres of air in my vortex project I get about the same firing time. Increasing your capacity will add to the fire time, but you could also get your hands on a high pressure CO2 or HPA bottle (like the type used for paintball guns) and a regulator to give you much more capacity.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:41 am

Yea I thought of that to, the only thing is im in Japan and they dont play paintball over here or have any parts like air tanks. the pvc is also a bit weaker over hear, definatly would not make a tank out of the stuff.
Some friends looked at a paintball mag of mine and they want to try. I plan on building a couple of these, hopefully all with a decent portable air supply. Thanks for the help though :) That m249 mag is awsom by the way :D

Griff
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:25 pm

You could always get a CO2 tank used for electric welding, and attach a pressure regulator to it.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:12 am

Electric welding? not sure what that is. DYI are you talking about a tig welder? Im also unsure about a reg. How dose it work, and were could I get one. Or could I build one? thx

Griff
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 am

Griff wrote:Electric welding? not sure what that is. DYI are you talking about a tig welder? Im also unsure about a reg. How dose it work, and were could I get one. Or could I build one? thx

I think he means TIG or MIG, i hear some pneumatic power tools have a CO2 supply that can be brought.

Ill explain a regulator
In bottles like CO2, the gas is stored under lots of pressure (around 800psi) to form a liquid. A regulator attaches onto the bottle and brings the pressure down to whatever you want, say 100psi, which is much better and safer to use.

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

The 7 P's - Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: benstern » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 am

You could try ebay or look locally and maybe use scuba cylinders and stuff.

benstern
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Griff » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:40 am

Thanks Macro321 for the explanation. I play paintball. I knew what the reg was I just diddint know how it works. Soo I guess id need a real air tank and a reg. For now I think I will stick to soda bottles at 80 psi, Thanks for the advice guys :D OhI diddint even think of scuba tanks & regs. What about a colman propane tank (for air after the propanes gone)?

Griff
Private
Private

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion