Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jackreacher, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Paintball velocity

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
Sponsored 
  • Author
Paintball velocity

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I've finished my paintball semi, and it sure is a hard hitter at compressor pressures. I want to tune it down to the standard 280fps that's legal in real paintball games. Before actually shooting at any body, I'll definitely get it shot over a legitimate chronograph, but I want to get it pretty close before taking it to get chrono'ed. So what I'm wondering is what sort of damage does a standar paintball marker do: through one side of a can? through two sides of a cardboard box?

I'm basically looking for a paintball version of Redwolf airsoft's poor man's chrony

Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:36 pm

This test uses layers of paper box-o-truth style to check out frozen paintball penetration, with unfrozen ones for comparison:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkzzbKLH0w0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Terrible music but the data is there.

The youtube page suggests the data can be dowloaded but the site looks trojan rich to me, have a screen cap from the video:

Attachments
pbpenetrationdata.GIF
pbpenetrationdata.GIF (13.88 KiB) Viewed 439 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Seems pretty overcomplicated, but it is a tried and true method. I've figured out the minimum Pressure paintballs pop at is 65 psi, so I'll bet about 75 will get it going 300fps

Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion