Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Carbon Fiber Barrels

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Crna Legija wrote:
SpudBlaster15 wrote: Longitudinally oriented unidirectional carbon fiber is not suitable for use as a pressure vessel!

i doubt he knows what that means :lol:
im not retarded :D i just want to test some carbon fiber

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Zeus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Look, test it if you want Goat, just please do it remotely ok? And at the very least wrap it with a couple of layers of fiber backed tape to keep in any fragments.

/sarcasm, /hyperbole
Zeus
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Zeus wrote:Look, test it if you want Goat, just please do it remotely ok? And at the very least wrap it with a couple of layers of fiber backed tape to keep in any fragments.
im going to do it inside a secured 3 inch thick wooden box with a remote firing system behind plexiglass shielding.

and Crna Legija my computer had a bit of a strange moment while i was posting :lol:

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Goats spudz wrote:
Zeus wrote:Look, test it if you want Goat, just please do it remotely ok? And at the very least wrap it with a couple of layers of fiber backed tape to keep in any fragments.
im going to do it inside a secured 3 inch thick wooden box with a remote firing system behind plexiglass shielding.

and Crna Legija my computer had a bit of a strange moment while i was posting :lol:

I'm gonna call bullshit. You've already shown how resistant you are to taking sound, intelligent advice. I'll bet you're going to throw that barrel right on your gun and think we're all idiots who don't know what we're talking about.

Don't bring the lawsuit back here

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 am

well it came today and i put it on my gun cranked it up to 600psi and fired a .22 hollow point out of it and it worked fine :P so :love5: for carbon fiber

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:54 am

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:20 am

Gun Freak wrote:Image
lol :D if this barrel kills me its my own responsibility so stop with the evil comments :evil:

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Labtecpower » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 am

If the barrel kills you there will be "evil spudgun kills kid" on the news everywhere, and that's the last thing we want :D
I still support natural selection however

"ñøw mÿ šįg šüçkś!"
Labtecpower
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:58 pm

inonickname wrote:I'm gonna call bullshit. You've already shown how resistant you are to taking sound, intelligent advice. I'll bet you're going to throw that barrel right on your gun and think we're all idiots who don't know what we're talking about.

Looks like Ino was spot on.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:10 pm

All I don't understand is why you'd ask about how safe a carbon-fiber barrel is when you already had decided that you were going to use it regardless of what we said...

I love lamp
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Lockednloaded wrote:All I don't understand is why you'd ask about how safe a carbon-fiber barrel is when you already had decided that you were going to use it regardless of what we said...
i wanted to know how safe it is, just like you when you put safety glasses on you wear them regardless, but still wonder how safe they are.

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Goats spudz wrote:
Lockednloaded wrote:All I don't understand is why you'd ask about how safe a carbon-fiber barrel is when you already had decided that you were going to use it regardless of what we said...
i wanted to know how safe it is, just like you when you put safety glasses on you wear them regardless, but still wonder how safe they are.

That's crazy, as all safety glasses are rated for use as such. What you're doing is similar to asking your job coach if a pair of Locs are safe to use with a cut-off wheel, having him look at you all silly, telling you absolutely and unconditionally NO, and then having you wear them when cutting steel pipe anyway.

Your analogy is invalid.

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:26 pm

mark.f wrote:
Goats spudz wrote:

That's crazy, as all safety glasses are rated for use as such. What you're doing is similar to asking your job coach if a pair of Locs are safe to use with a cut-off wheel, having him look at you all silly, telling you absolutely and unconditionally NO, and then having you wear them when cutting steel pipe anyway.

Your analogy is invalid.
i was just using it as an example like how safe a harness is for climbing, you know?

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Goats spudz wrote:i was just using it as an example like how safe a harness is for climbing, you know?

My only response to this:

Gun Freak wrote:Image

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: al-xg » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Climbing harnesses are rated, checked, and replaced if they are deemed unsafe.

What you are suggesting is mmm can I climb with a harness made out of dental floss instead ? Being told no its not safe and then trying it anyway.

How did I get caught up in this stupid analogy game :roll:

al-xg
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion