Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 88 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 82 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

.177 barrels.

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm

warhead052 wrote:Its a daisy 880 powerline multipump. The stock is missing, and it leaks slightly out of the chamber, but it still functions. Fairly loud for what I have shot. Comparable to a .22 or even a 9mm.
Wouldnt it be easier to get the barrel threaded and get a cheap crosman silencer.

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

warhead052 wrote:On the bb gun I have, the barrel itself stops about an inch from the muzzle, so I would slide the silencer into that area and have an outer shell to support it on the outside of the muzzle. Kinda hard to explain...

I would chop off the front of the barrel shroud to expose the barrel and graft a suppressor to it.

Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: qwerty » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

Maximum Muzzle Velocity with BBs: 800 feet per second
Maximum Muzzle Velocity with Pellets: 665 feet per second

So you're not shooting anywhere as fast as you think you are, that's from the PyramidAir site.
I still don't get how it can be that loud without breaking the SOS and do you really need 4.5mm tube to make a silencer? Surely you could make one out of other things?

I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 am

Well, I drilled out part of the muzzle (plastic part, not the barrel) and I am looking around my house for some tube that will fit, then I will drill some holes in it and put a housing on it, add some buffers and put it on.

Major General
Major General

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion