Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Need CNC parts?

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
  • Author

Need CNC parts?

Unread postAuthor: sharpshooter » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 am

Due to life being life, I have found myself with too much free time, and need to fill it with something productive. I want more practice in my new 3D modeling program (Fusion360 - its awesome so far), as well as tweaking my CNC workflow. My machine can handle parts up to 30" x 18", with a Z travel of a few inches (that said, bits long enough to use all that travel are ridiculously expensive, so its best suited to flat panels). I can hold +/- .001 in the X/Y. The Z can also do +/- .001 for small parts, but probably more like +/- .010 for pieces approaching the full size of the bed.

Probably cannot make ultra precision piston valves - this is a hobby level CNC router, not a $500,000 turning center. But brackets and trigger assemblies are perfectly reasonable

It can cut wood, plastics (acrylic, PVC, etc), and basic aluminum (no crazy alloys!).

Provide me with quality 3D files (or 2D for flat parts), and i will only charge for material and tooling. If I have to guess and check, you will pay for beer and snacks as well :D

Perhaps there is a better place to post this? Let me know...

Re: Need CNC parts?

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Anything machining related should go here: http://www.spudfiles.com/spud-cannon-related/topic23135.html :D

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion