Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

PVC Primer

Post about things you have launched or thought about launching. Also post about various materials used for building cannons. No posts about explosive projectiles!
Sponsored 
  • Author
PVC Primer

Unread postAuthor: CyberNerd » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Well I received my Mauler valve and trigger assembly from sgort today and they look great. Thanks Sean. I'm in Costa Rica, and I've been worried I wouldn't be able to find pressure rated PVC and fittings here. Thankfully, I located everything I needed first trip to a hardware store. Except......... pvc primer. I visited 5 different hardware stores. It seems they don't use primer here, just glue alone. Anyone have any ideas for a workaround?

CyberNerd
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 pm

There really isn't any apart from not using it at all(I do not recomend this)
You could try soften/clean the pipe but it wont have the same effect as the primer which helps weld the two pipes together.

Edit:Try Plumbing Merchants or see if you can order online or get Sgort to ship you some.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:52 pm

www.BCarms.com carries it. Plus it helps keep this site online. Proble cost couple extra bucks to ship to you, (international shipping). Good luck.

Heres the primer page itself. Click me

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: CyberNerd » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Thanks guys, this might become very difficult. I suspect customs won't allow the primer into the country. I've had problems with stuff like this before. Once with ph down for a hydroponics system and the other time with an antibacterial disenfectant cleanser for animal cages. Pretty innocuous stuff, but anything liquid thats not on an approved list it is likely to get seized. At least the primer is cheap, so I can go ahead and order it online and if it gets seized it won't be a big deal.

My only other option is to have a friend bring it with them in their luggage when they come down from the US next month. It's going to be a long month if I have to sit here and stare at all these parts for that long :-)

Thanks again

CyberNerd
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm

Look on the Ipex solvent welding test. You should take it and it explains how to deal with no primer.

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion