Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Quite Powerful Mini For It's Size

Built a miniature cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

Your opinions!

***** Something new! Small and strong!
1
20%
**** Above average I must say.
4
80%
** Lots of mini's outperform this...
0
No votes
* IT SUX BAWLZ, AND I LIEK POTATO PIE
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 5
  • Author
    Message

Quite Powerful Mini For It's Size

Unread postAuthor: Tsukiten » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Well I've actually made alot of spudguns but this is actually the first one I'm posting.
So hence my first spudgun posted on SpudFiles, also my 9th MINI spudgun!
I will simply call it; HV-6mm Mini, which would stand for "High Velocity 6mm" Mini Spudgun (yeah, I kinda lacked some inspiration at the moment)
Image
Appears pretty large in this pic, but it 4.5 inches long and 1 inch wide. Included with a nice ghetto-hand guard/heat shield :D


The main reasons why I chose for putting this one in the showcase is because;
-It has a 6mm bb barrel (no damn mini spuds)
-It looks more tougher and brutal than most of my mini's :D
-It simply is so very powerful for it's size!

And seriously this small thing packs quite a punch;
You shoot someone with light clothing on (I'm talking about stuff like jeans, or a shirt or two) and you'll receive a nice bruise of this little bastard and a nasty, NASTY STING!
It also can penetrate several layers of paper, and about 2.5mm (one tenth of an inch) of ordinary, brown cardboard (which is quite respectable for such of a small thing) and the loudness-report of it might not trigger the local police department to swarm your house but is very comfortable to bear though you might not want to keep it next to your ear.
As far as accuracy no hell I'm gonna hit a square piece of paper at like 3+ YARDS, you just simply can't aim with your both your hands on it (it need to have the cap pressed on because it might just blow off) and due the lack of any effective sights.

The secret behind it's power is a rubber ring-thingy at the beginning of the barrel, taken from an airsoft gun. It is designed to hold the bb in place and only lets it pass through at an certain pressure. This way it allows the mini to build up pressure first and making the bb come out more 'explosively'.
The barrel and chamber actually, are nothing special, just a 20 ml pill bottle and an SLIGHTLY sub-caliber 2.5 inch barrel (which sucks, actually).

Normally I would put some on-board fueling system on it but I believe that even the small hole used for the fuel-hose might leak out some pressure (and because the bb is so tight in the beginning of the barrel, some misfires might occure like with some older versions I made)

Tell what you think of it! :D Thank you.
  • 0

Attachments
Picture 041.jpg
Some clean penetration of an .12 gram bb trough 1.5 mm cardboard (could've gone trough more, though)

Tsukiten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:39 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: sniper hero » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:23 pm

I really like it and I'm thinking of making one too.
the bb holder is interesting do you have anysuggestions to make one?
what is your fuel?
  • 0

User avatar
sniper hero
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:24 pm

Well, from the information provided, it's hard to tell which is faster; mine or yours. Try a soda can. Mine couldn't quite make it though. This was my laser spud though. My advanced hydrogen mini combustion ripped through cans. It's hard not to get the bbs to shatter on impact. However I won't compare it to yours because I don't think the concept of a mini spud includes a small shooter that would typically cost over $300 if I had payed for everything.

Laser Spud

Advanced Hydrogen Mini Combustion
  • 0

Image
User avatar
rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Tsukiten » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:30 pm

sniper hero wrote:I really like it and I'm thinking of making one too.
the bb holder is interesting do you have anysuggestions to make one?
what is your fuel?

I'm just using butane, from a little container gotten from a nose-lighter.
And for the bb holder: basicly it's just an o-ring which should make the bb fit a little bit tightly, also it should be a little soft and I recommend them to be about 4-5mm 'long' (more like a small tube than a ring)

rcman50166 wrote: Well, from the information provided, it's hard to tell which is faster; mine or yours. Try a soda can. Mine couldn't quite make it though. This was my laser spud though. My advanced hydrogen mini combustion ripped through cans though. It's hard not to get the bbs to shatter on impact. However I won't compare it to yours because I don't think the concept of a mini spud includes a small shooter that would typically cost over $300 if I had payed for everything.

Yeah I was planning on doing the soda can test tomorrow, and can't wait to try .20 gram bb'/propane/hydrogen!
(though the last one might pretty much kill me, yeah I know, I won't)
  • 0


Tsukiten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:39 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Packs a punch eh?
Not when you're comparing it to JSR's Mini Pneumatic ;)

Wow, 9th mini?

Craze ahahah.
Will you be able to fire at a pop can anytime soon?
  • 0


OuchProgramme
Major
Major
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: bigbob12345 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Well nice mini.
ive never got a mini combustion to work but I have made may mini pnuematics and they are fun to mess around with.
im currently working on a 6mm chamber 4mm barrel combustion, Ill see how it works out.
  • 0

User avatar
bigbob12345
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Mercer Island,Washington
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm

bigbob12345 wrote:Well nice mini.
ive never got a mini combustion to work but I have made may mini pnuematics and they are fun to mess around with.
im currently working on a 6mm chamber 4mm barrel combustion, Ill see how it works out.


Tried it w/ a convert pen gun. You're already making a mistake =/.
  • 0


OuchProgramme
Major
Major
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: bigbob12345 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:20 pm

OuchProgramme wrote:
bigbob12345 wrote:Well nice mini.
ive never got a mini combustion to work but I have made may mini pnuematics and they are fun to mess around with.
im currently working on a 6mm chamber 4mm barrel combustion, Ill see how it works out.


Tried it w/ a convert pen gun. You're already making a mistake =/.


mistake, What?
please explain what you mean as I am confused.
  • 0

User avatar
bigbob12345
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Mercer Island,Washington
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 pm

bigbob12345 wrote:
OuchProgramme wrote:
bigbob12345 wrote:Well nice mini.
ive never got a mini combustion to work but I have made may mini pnuematics and they are fun to mess around with.
im currently working on a 6mm chamber 4mm barrel combustion, Ill see how it works out.


Tried it w/ a convert pen gun. You're already making a mistake =/.


mistake, What?
please explain what you mean as I am confused.


Mistake: You starting the 6mm combustion.

My chamber was 16 MM, and it still failed to be a convert
  • 0


OuchProgramme
Major
Major
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: bigbob12345 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:25 pm

okay so you are saying it will never fire because the chamber is so small.
Well i am treing to make the smallest combustion in exsistance and I will use syringe metering and stuff...
  • 0

User avatar
bigbob12345
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Mercer Island,Washington
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:27 pm

bigbob12345 wrote:okay so you are saying it will never fire because the chamber is so small.
Well i am treing to make the smallest combustion in exsistance and I will use syringe metering and stuff...


Yep

Continue if you will
  • 0


OuchProgramme
Major
Major
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: bigbob12345 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

I will continue:)
I dont expect to succeed but if I do that would be awsome.
  • 0

User avatar
bigbob12345
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Mercer Island,Washington
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Sticky_Tape » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:38 pm

WOW that is quite the cool little spud gun :P I think it would be pretty cool if you put on a onboard fueling system that would top off the good looks 8) excelent job on the heat gaurd.
  • 0

You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
User avatar
Sticky_Tape
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm

OuchProgramme wrote:
bigbob12345 wrote:okay so you are saying it will never fire because the chamber is so small.
Well i am treing to make the smallest combustion in exsistance and I will use syringe metering and stuff...


Yep

Continue if you will


I don't see why it won't work, what size chamber were you planning on using? I have made a combustion that requires .38cc of butane to fire, it is a 12cc chamber with a 6mm barrel.
You'll get it to work BigBob.
Have fun with your mini Tsukiten, nice effort.
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Novacastrian wrote:
OuchProgramme wrote:
bigbob12345 wrote:okay so you are saying it will never fire because the chamber is so small.
Well i am treing to make the smallest combustion in exsistance and I will use syringe metering and stuff...


Yep

Continue if you will


I don't see why it won't work, what size chamber were you planning on using? I have made a combustion that requires .38cc of butane to fire, it is a 12cc chamber with a 6mm barrel.
You'll get it to work BigBob.
Have fun with your mini Tsukiten, nice effort.

His chamber is the size of your barrel.
6mm
  • 0


OuchProgramme
Major
Major
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Next

Return to Miniature Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'