Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 7 registered, 1 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], csitas, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

your opinion

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 

Which one?

2250 B
No votes
2250 XT
100%

Total votes : 2
  • Author
your opinion

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:24 pm

I am getting a crosman pellet gun. I cant decide whether to get the 2250B or the 2250 xt. The only difference is the cartridge size, breech material, and the scope which would be replaced by a red dot. Which one do you guys think I should get?

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:54 pm

i dont know much about it, but i can almost garrentee you that the scope it come with is crap. a good scope will cost as much as the gun. on the other side red dot's are kinda hard to see if its really sunny.

i recommend getting good with the open sights, if it has any.

i would recommend it in .177 because it is a little more accurate than .22.

either way you wont will be disappointed. Crossman makes good first time air rifles.

you said that the difference between the two is "the breech material". get which ever is stronger, it will last longer.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Yeah I will get rid of the scope for sure. There is no power difference between the little co2 cartridge and the big cartridge right?

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 pm

no, the big cartrige will just give you more shots per cylinder

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Alright thats what I thought.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Finally someone asks for my stupid opinion. :lol:

It would've been helpful if you could've atleast added the link:
http://www.crosman.com/site/search?searchField=2250+XT[/url]

Looks like there both .22 at 550 fps. The other model (storm xt) is 1000fps

Which is nice. That tells you you could probably get spring upgrade later to get more power if you wanted.

Also with the 12 gram co2 you could probably mod it to take a "dummy co2" with a bulk tank hose screwed into it for more reservoir.

Here's a link with Chinese springers that are cheap and powerful
(just the finishes aren't so polished):[url]http://www.compasseco.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=34&s[search]=[/url]
I had the Tech 34 for many years and shot it a couple hundred thousand times with cheap chinese pellets.
It was accurate and powerfull untill the trigger finally died.
Good to have consistent power without fiddly co2.
There are some smaller powerful models there too! :wink: 8)

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 pm

another really good, reasonably priced pellet gun is the b7.

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Airsoft%20G ... Rifles.htm

it was my second pellet gun and i loved it. it worked great, i put thousands of shots through it. the problem was that i shot it so much, that it lost a little power after a year, shooting it pretty much every day, never cleaning it.

its a great gun for the price and is very accurate. the main reason that i bought it is because i thought i kinda sorta looked like a m1 carbine.

it also looks cool to have it already loaded, then kick open the stock and fire it.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:27 pm

@hi, you get the idea. The one on that link I had is the "b3" same as the "techforce34". The 8 shot take down repeater looks cool. I'm surprised your b7 wore out.

BTW, For unregulated co2 I think even the cheapest one's barrel could handle it.
They're solid steel and rifled.
Hmmm... Tempting to get one just for the barrel.

The Crosman is a more "respectable" gun and probably has a better trigger pull. Also will surely be a classic, (like some of their older models)

IMO I don't see much advantage having co2 power since it's single shot bolt action.
That's why I suggested a springer with similar power.

If you're set on Crosman co2 with more expensive and sometimes hard to find .22, I'd get the model with normal 12gram cart.s .

You can even use cheaper 8 gram by adding a few washers behind them when you screw them in.
I would mod it (requires drilling) to accept a "dummy co2" and bulk tank hose also. Also it looks sharper than the larger cartridge IMO.
Looks like a nice airgun anyway. 8)

Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Yeah that storm xt is nice but I already have a gamo break barrel. i am looking for something that can be easily modded, fairly compact, and packs some punch that is why I am getting .22 caliber.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:33 pm

jon_89 wrote:Yeah that storm xt is nice but I already have a gamo break barrel. i am looking for something that can be easily modded, fairly compact, and packs some punch that is why I am getting .22 caliber.

Dang, that was misread information on my part.
I looked in search and only part of the info came up.
So I thought "storm xt" was the same model only 1000fps. (stoopid mistake)

There are air-gunsmiths who can add a stronger spring to 2250's and mods/longer barrel to make it atleast 100+ fps faster.

I understand the caliber thing. As long as the velocity is high enough the .22 will pack more wallop.

My sheridan 5mm(.20) 8 pump had the stopping power of my b3 (.177@ 850fps).But I preferred the springer because of it's flatter trajectory and spring action.

I also have owned a .22 revolver (co2 Daisy or Crosman?)
It was an antique model I bought new in box that the police used to use for training. (Not allowed to discuss here) But it packed quite a "wallop" at close range.
That was a long time ago so I had to think. And it's bad that I know that.

You probably won't be let down with that model.
For reasons I stated IMO the 12 gram one is good.
Although higher velocity in .177 will probably shoot flatter more accurate, It's nice to own different type stuff. 8)

Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:31 pm

Do you think the steel breech will be better than the plastice? Once I order the gun (hopefully tommorow) and haved played with it for awhile I plan on upgrading with all the things you find for it.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:30 am

jon_89 wrote:Do you think the steel breech will be better than the plastice? Once I order the gun (hopefully tommorow) and haved played with it for awhile I plan on upgrading with all the things you find for it.

Of course steel is better than plastic. The plastic is sufficient though.

Since you plan on changing the scope anyway, the extra money will be waste there.
Although maybe you could sell the scope it comes with to go towards your mods.

So the only question is if you want to use only 88 gram and pay $50 more or get the 12 gram one and use 12 or 8 gram and buy this:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=192
and mod it for a bigger tank also.

IMO the $ you'd save could go towards that and the bigger tank and modifications. 8)
LOL on the Crosman site there's a list of stuff you can hunt with it :shock: :D

EDIT: It's not that funny when I think about it. I should e-mail Crosman and tell them to leave pigeons, crows, rabbits and squirrels alone.
They probably get a lot of noob ques. "Is it's powerful enough...?"
All I am saying, is Give squirrels a chance! :roll: 8)

Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: MaxuS the 2nd » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 am

In my opinion, don't get a crosman. The performance on just about all their guns is quite suprising...They're far less powerful than they make out to be.

Badman
MaxuS the 2nd
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Well I purchased the 2250xt. It uses big cartridges and has the steel breech. Hopefully I will get it next week.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Cool. I hope you post some pics, damage etc. here maybe.

I wonder what threads the 88 gram co2 cart. has ?
Perhaps there's parts with the same threads for different fill options.

Steel breech is good! 8)

Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion