Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 52 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Best place 2 be in zombie uprising! (in term of spudgunning)

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Hotwired wrote:Amazing how many times the word prototype is seen as a good thing.

Where would sci-fi be without silver bullet prototype medicine to weaponry appearing all over the place.


Exactly. Airplanes were Greek "science fiction" star trek had some amazing stuff (No, I'm not a trekky).
An interesting one is "Stargate" The way the "Goauhaould"(sp.?) lances work.

Perhaps we could go back to roman legionnaire tactics using shields but lances loaded like "metalstorm" fired like "Gouauhaold" lances.
Or Axes around several barrels (for handle) loaded like that.
The axe part could be a zombie head chopper.

Perhaps patriot tactics using long like kentucky rifles? or 40 shot shotguns. Course chain fire and blam no arm Hmmm... :roll: 8)

EDIT:Someone please reply so I'm not the last to reply here!
  • 0

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:42 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:35 pm

THUNDERLORD wrote:Someone please reply so I'm not the last to reply here!

OK, if you insist. :D
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:06 am

I have a plan for this such a happening:

Break into nearest bottle shop,steal as much booze as possible.Get incredibly drunk,and with the zombies being slow,dumb and clumsy etc I would fit in perfectly without a drama with a bottle and a half of vodka in me and I chose vodka so there is less of a hang over.

Once I have my drunken but effective mode of transport I would proceed to build a large Zombie magnet(vehicle covered in various brains) fill this baby with heaps of the flesh eating bugs off the movie The Mummy.Leave this with a timer so I have time to get away so I do not get eaten myself.

Having wiped out the zombies in a couple kilometer radius the rest of my plan can go into action.Building a large real life pac man,that has so many bells and gadgets only I will know how to use it and I will decide who lives and dies on earth putting them through survival of the fittest scenarios thus only the strong and sexy will live purging the human race of who isn't wanted.

I'm looking forward to the zombie apocalypse really.
  • 0

Image
User avatar
rna_duelers
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:07 am
Location: G-land Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:54 am

^^you are one scary drinker, but you got some nice ideas there...

My plan is a little simpler. (FYI: I live out in the boonies pretty much so I'll have plenty of time before the zombies finally reach me to do what I plan and have plenty of friends to alert me if anything goes down.)

First I'll whip up some body armor out of sheet metal and PVC.

Next I'll make a massive grill guard out of 3" angle iron, 2" pipe, and 12" long 1/2" nails for a little impelment action, and then mount it on my truck.

Finally, I'll load FEAR (with a 10' 4" diam barrel on it) in the back of my truck, along with buckets of bolts, screws, ball bearings, BB's, golf balls, etc. Drive to town, and then just drive around slowly and get a large pack of zombies following me, at which point I'll stop, load up the barrel with random crap (probably a couple hundred 1" ball bearings and a couple thousand 6mm BB's to start), and press the fire button.

After the fine mist of blood settles, I'll drive around and run any stranglers down and enjoy myself a little more. When thats over with, I'll go get more zombies to follow me and get another pack going.

When I'm done with my fun and clearing my couple km radius, I'll let rna_duelers take over with his pacman and I will go grab a beer and watch the games began.
  • 0

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:51 am
Location: New Mexico
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 am

If you can supply me with the needed amber fluid while I'm having fun with the Pacman Zombie-o-fucker then you've got a deal.
  • 0

Image
User avatar
rna_duelers
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:07 am
Location: G-land Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:23 am

Hmmm sounds like fair terms, you got yourself a deal. Now I just need a tanker truck for ya and the Sam's club liquor section on a flatbed, and we're all set. Shouldn't be too hard to get...
  • 0

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:51 am
Location: New Mexico
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: magnum9987 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:06 am

rna_duelers wrote:I have a plan for this such a happening:

Break into nearest bottle shop,steal as much booze as possible.Get incredibly drunk,and with the zombies being slow,dumb and clumsy etc I would fit in perfectly without a drama with a bottle and a half of vodka in me and I chose vodka so there is less of a hang over.

Once I have my drunken but effective mode of transport I would proceed to build a large Zombie magnet(vehicle covered in various brains) fill this baby with heaps of the flesh eating bugs off the movie The Mummy.Leave this with a timer so I have time to get away so I do not get eaten myself.

Having wiped out the zombies in a couple kilometer radius the rest of my plan can go into action.Building a large real life pac man,that has so many bells and gadgets only I will know how to use it and I will decide who lives and dies on earth putting them through survival of the fittest scenarios thus only the strong and sexy will live purging the human race of who isn't wanted.

I'm looking forward to the zombie apocalypse really.

Didn't Hitler try that? Except instead of pac man it was, um, the WAFFEN.
  • 0

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... Revolution in the absolute is not initiated by swords, guns, and bullets, but by words-
The New RobesPierre
User avatar
magnum9987
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:02 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: vovka351 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:19 am

Wafles?
:lol:
well... unless that stash of co2 cartridges and blackpowder runs out...
i think i have enough firepower in my cabinet to turn a 150foot radius into a smoldering crater...
as for my whole house, hmmm...

How to create this zombie apocalypse:
Flood the world with " the needed amber fluid"
Everyone's a zombie--YAY
  • 0

User avatar
vovka351
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:41 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:29 am

Check out this "Grizzly bear suit". Pretty cool. Guys been designing them for years and there's other versions on youtube.

Only problem, it has so much duct tape, how the heck you'd get it off to go to bathroom?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CzYw5-qdA
One of these, coupled with a motorized exo-skeleton, I'd be OK :roll: 8)

EDIT: Found another:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CDwJsFKqU&NR=1 :shock:
  • 0

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:42 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:51 pm

We live on an island, so I'd demolish the bridge. The disease isn't airborne, so it could take them a long time to get to us.

So I get lots of time to build flamethrowers, grenades, CQC weapons, automatic cannons, and large, rocket propelled explosive devices at the workshop on the central part of the island. When we're done that, we commandeer several transports from the local trucking company, armor plate them, fill them with fuel, load everything up, and head to New Mexico :D

When we get there, we meet Killjoy and the rest of the U.S. spudders, find a transport aircraft, fly to Sweden, and entrench ourselves at Larda's machine shop. :twisted:
  • 0

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
User avatar
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: The People's Republic of Canuckistan
Country: Turks and Caicos Islands (tc)
Reputation: 9

Unread postAuthor: brplatz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:00 pm

woot! New Mexico! you would have to pick me up too
you could light a fire and catch the whole state on fire :D
  • 0

User avatar
brplatz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 pm

DYI wrote:We live on an island, so I'd demolish the bridge. The disease isn't airborne, so it could take them a long time to get to us.

So I get lots of time to build flamethrowers, grenades, CQC weapons, automatic cannons, and large, rocket propelled explosive devices at the workshop on the central part of the island. When we're done that, we commandeer several transports from the local trucking company, armor plate them, fill them with fuel, load everything up, and head to New Mexico :D

When we get there, we meet Killjoy and the rest of the U.S. spudders, find a transport aircraft, fly to Sweden, and entrench ourselves at Larda's machine shop. :twisted:

Hahaha okay it's official... if there is a zombie apocalypse, we're crashing at Larda's :D
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:13 pm

Haha sounds like a good plan.
I know exactly where we can get a couple of of military transport planes, along with any supplies we need (food, firearms, military gear, and vehicles, hell nukes are even a possibility). National guard base is 20 minutes away and the airforce base is an 90 minutes away.

While I'm waiting for ya'll to get here, I'll be making body armor and large bore shotgun type cannons, and throw some ribs in the slow bbq cooker and roast some chile for the meal before we leave.

When we're done that, we commandeer several transports from the local trucking company, armor plate them, fill them with fuel, load everything up, and head to New Mexico


I hate to be a killjoy, but how are you gonna get across with trucks without a bridge? Maybe a blockade would be better.
  • 0

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:51 am
Location: New Mexico
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:24 am

MrCrowley wrote:Hahaha okay it's official... if there is a zombie apocalypse, we're crashing at Larda's :D

Now THATS an IPLA meeting!
I think I could be there within a few hours if I stole a boat (from which the owner is already a zombie).

If all of us unite, then there's nothing that can kill the spudders!
We could even survive an alien attack.

Only thing to regulate is that no illegal parts are transported between us: DWV cannons are strictly prohibited as you will be endangering yourself and your environment.
  • 0

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
User avatar
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:12 am
Location: The Netherlands
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 am

psycix wrote:If all of us unite, then there's nothing that can kill the spudders!
We could even survive an alien attack.

Spudders, humanity's ultimate defence against any invasion.

I imagine if we got together a couple of dozen spudders in a machine shop for long enough, the results could be apocalyptic.
We're just like the A-team - but madder. Trap us in a room full of junk for a few hours, and no doubt we'll come out with a super weapon.

Killjoy wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but how are you gonna get across with trucks without a bridge?

Hmm, you can taste the irony.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'