Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Need help with Fridge compressor

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm

psycix wrote:I do not expect a fridge to have a pop-off: it would be releasing the gas and the fridge would need a freon-refill.

Which generally would be greatly preffered to an explosion. I'm talking about a safety pop-off. CO2 tanks have'm. Bernzomatic propane cylinders have'm. Water heaters have'm. Compressor resevoirs have'm.

I suppose that if the max pressure of the frig compressor is low enough then a safety wouldn't be needed, but a normal reffer system is all metal, no rubber hoses to pop as a safety. Perhaps the crimped fill pipe is used as the safety?

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 pm

well mine works fine.. I built it more than a year ago and it still works fine... and it's not that I don't use it.. I use it a lot..you lknow I don't post my guns just to keep myself low profile.. but I use it almost every day... of coursethey don't have a pop-off safety but thay don't need one.... (assuming they are not used as compressor) sorry for my english but I am really f@%@ up :D

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 pm

The way I see it...You dont really need a pop-off safety valve unless your attaching the compressor to a pressure tank permanantly. I see the same reason for a regulator and a pressure switch. I wouldnt want to waste money on something that I wouldnt really need. I could see why you would need those parts if you were to put a tank on it.

"Dude, if all of the people on spudfiles got together with all of their cannons, we could take over china"
Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:39 am

@ pvcpsyco yeah that's it

if you want it to run like a normal compressor and have a tank that's being automatically filled to a set pressure you need these things but if you don't you can use it without them....

adding a tank is a great idea but when you acctually try to do it you'll realize that it's difficult to buy stuff since most pneumatic equpment has too low pressure rating and it's designed to work with 100 - 130 psi

also keep in mind that even a weak 100 psi generated by normal compressors can kill when there is a tank failure or something.... now multiply that by 5 and you'd know why I think it's better to use it without a tank...

IMO people should first build it in its most basic configuration so that they can see that 500 psi is dangerous... (for example to see how it is like when a pressure hose ruptures at circa 25 bar) after they do so there is a greater chance that they'll build safe setups with tanks and stuff....

I don't want to be responsible for someone's death

Last edited by POLAND_SPUD on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:48 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:IMO people should first build it in its most basic configuration so that they can see that 500 psi is dangerous... (for example to see how it is like when a pressure hose ruptures at circa 25 bar) after tehy do so there is a greater chance that they can build safe setups with tanks and stuff....

I don't want to be responsible for someone's death

Nobody does. :roll:

"Dude, if all of the people on spudfiles got together with all of their cannons, we could take over china"
Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion