Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New Website Finally Finished - Need Help

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 am

That actually looks really good. I like how javascript is used to make the main menu, too, because that can be included in a separate .js file and loaded with every page.

See you're still using vBulletin. I found a nice little software package called miniBB which I'm using for comments and such. It's very minimalistic so it's perfect for a board nobody is ever going to visit. :roll:

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: ghostman01 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks mate, yeah dreamweaver is freaken awsome !! Except i forgot to make a template file, so when i make a new page i just have to copy the code from the index.html file to my new one, doesnt make a lot of difference, but still.....
it was better than the original i had up ...http://amdjs.com.au/amdjs which was made in iweb, so i didnt have direct access to the code... but then i found this so, im happy and so is my dad !! lol this ones so much easier to read and loads way faster than the old one.

Ultimateforum
I have 27 different kinds of weapons in my home, do not attempt to trespass........!
ghostman01
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 am

Just figured I'd bump this thread in a shameless display of self-promotion and mooching advise and expertise from others...

The site originally linked in the first post is long past dead (I let the domain and hosting expire).

I've had a site up nearly continuously since then, but just at different addresses.

Finally did a complete rebuild, and would like some opinions (again). Still working on (re)adding content.

Anyways, the new link is http://www.mfanda.net/, or http://www.spudstalker.net. Couldn't decide on a domain name so I wound up registering two. :roll:

Tell me what you think about the template and content that's already there. Looking to create a few tutorials whenever I get the time and the money.

Thanks!
Mark

P.S. - don't knock my logo :wink:... I did it when I first got my graphics tablet, and I plan to re-do it soon anyways since I plan on changing the template color scheme...

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: tigeraceray » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am

Good job. It's nice to see that there are other web designers who do actually care about conforming to the W3C standards like me.

One thing I would recommend is adding a favicon. If you need coding help on that I could help you.

tigeraceray
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion