Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 70 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

my newst project

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
my newst project

Unread postAuthor: dilweed » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Hello, i thouht of a cool idea yesterday. Basically i plan to make a crossbow that shoots bb's at hopfully decent speeds. I have already built a cross bow and enjoy firing 30 gram bolts at decent speeds. I use a completely homemade cross bow, with a medium power, fiber glass bow. I plan on building a plunger and trigger, to act like a springer pellet gun, except ill use the bow, and sprinss to propel the plunger. I cant measure the draw but its pretty powerfull. I will use 5 grain homemade pellets, a piston chamber ratio of 1(barrel)/4(chamber). I think ill modify a bike pump for the chamber, with really THICK METAL. If it is strong enough, ill then DO some deiseling! Tell me what youy think and please give some advice. I cant take pictures yet, my parents set up my phone so i cant use the internet and send emails with links!

dilweed
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: starman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:41 pm

My intitial thoughts is it would be a highly inefficient, overly complicated way to shoot a BB. If you're inclined to pursue it for the fun of it, by all means, knock yourself out. They abandoned bow power a long time ago for a reason.

Your other comments rambled on something about bike pump chambers and thick metal and some dieseling.?.?

...and I assume you mean that the camera part of you phone is basically useless because the appropriate cell service to send them has been limited by your parents.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: dilweed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:49 am

YEP, my parents are mean!

dilweed
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Sticky_Tape » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 am

Actually jsr had a design like that for airsoft sorry no links it is guaranteed he will see this post and reply.

You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
Sticky_Tape
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion