Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

rc cars

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:46 am

An Associated RC10 T4 (ft), Hitec hi-torque mg servo, micro reciever, spektrum telemetry setup, equiv. 10 turn brushless motor (don't know the kv off the top of my head..) and matching micro esc. I have a few venom 3000 nimh's but I'm going to invest in some Li-poly's or Li-ions soon..

A leo-x mini monster truck thing with a venom hex pack and flipped, cut tires and reduced gearing + diffs are jb welded (locked) which I use as a rock crawler..but the torque is rubbish.

And this prehistoric tamiya touring car which uses a servo to slide a rheostat like thing XD it's so old I can't even id it, going to take it to a hobby shop soon. Is in perfect working order.

And a group of junky toy-things.

inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 am

So I got a bit of a delima with my tmaxx 2.5 with the glow plug only lasting a couple runs if not only one run any ideas? I have tried different plugs, Im not running to hot (temp gauge), and doesnt seem to be to rich (good performance).

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 am

jon_89 wrote:So I got a bit of a delima with my tmaxx 2.5 with the glow plug only lasting a couple runs if not only one run any ideas? I have tried different plugs, Im not running to hot (temp gauge), and doesnt seem to be to rich (good performance).

Are the plug coils breaking apart, or do the plugs simply stop working with no immediately obvious faults?

If the former, your compression ratio is probably too high, causing detonation, which is hammering the plug coils apart. You'll want to increase the squish band/clearance by adding a shim under the head button.

If the latter, you may be running too lean.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 am

jon_89 wrote:So I got a bit of a delima with my tmaxx 2.5 with the glow plug only lasting a couple runs if not only one run any ideas? I have tried different plugs, Im not running to hot (temp gauge), and doesnt seem to be to rich (good performance).

I'm more of an electric person, but I have a few suggestions.

Check that you're using the correct fuel ratios (not too rich/lean).

Check the quality of the spark plugs. Maybe buy more expensive ones? (I know you said you've tried different ones.)

Rebuild your engine: http://www.iorealm.com/reference/traxxa ... ebuild.pdf

Make sure you don't leave your glow plug heating the element for too long, and check your using the correct battery in it?

If that fails ring/visit your local hobby store and ask them to take a look at it? (expect to be ripped, all hobby stores do...)

inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:55 pm

I got some shims today and will try that.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: metallover » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:18 pm

I've got a BL Crt .5 and a Stampede. I'm on the RCU and RCM forums with the same username.

metallover
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:56 pm

So after putting in my brushless setup in my rc18mt I started to loose range. Now I cant go more than a few feet away without it taken off. I have replaced the batteries, checked the antenna, and have tried to move the power wires away from the antenna but nothing seems to work. Do I need a new reciever or is it something else?

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: metallover » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

If you have a spare radio system try that. See if putting the brushed system back in makes it work again. Does the steering work? What is the Brushless system?

metallover
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Yes the steering works. I have a mamba 6800. I guess I will put the old one back in and see if it still takes off. If it doesnt take off what do you think the problem is? Sorry I am kinda ne with rc cars.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: metallover » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Thats fine.... If the steering works then it probably isn't the brushless system, but more the radio system. Do you have any other cars? If you do try switching radios and if you don't just make sure everything is plugged in. Check the crystals, and everything plugged into the rx.

metallover
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: metallover » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 pm

I know what it is now. The esc is hitting the cutoff voltage. You will need to reprogram the Low voltage cutoff on the esc and it should work.

metallover
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:40 pm

Well I just tried the brushed setup and it had a mind of its own just like the brushless setup. I will give the cutoff voltage a try still.

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:08 am

I adjusted the cutoff and now it seems to work good but I wont know for awhile as I have a foot of snow at my house so i cant drive it outside. Thanks metallover. :lol:

jon_89
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: metallover » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 am

jon_89 wrote:I adjusted the cutoff and now it seems to work good but I wont know for awhile as I have a foot of snow at my house so i cant drive it outside. Thanks metallover. :lol:

haha glad you got it working. We got a blizzard here, but not that much snow. It's just cold. -17 tonight. South dakota.....

metallover
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I got me an Esky Dauphin 4-ch heli!

And it needs a new body. :x

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion