Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The step too far

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

MrCrowley wrote:Ah... that site is known to most senior members on Spudfiles. I had forgotten about it for awhile, but some of us Mods would always joke that this forum was lucky we weren't like RogueSci and what not. :lol:

They're known to ban members for as little as not searching, asking for help, bad spelling, having an attitude, talking crap, and having only basic knowledge of explosives and chemistry.

i have to say that you made an accurate post there, i got myself banned for writing "cao" instead of "cap"

those explosives are not just used for destroying things, they make detonation cords and those things to splatter liquid fuel around for movie effects, go to youtube and search Fuel Air Explosive and you might find some result they get.

pretty amazing what a little charge of high explosives can do to some liters of gasoline.

after that i will suggest that people stay away from high explosives, i was thinking about tinkeling with some highly sensetive stuff but i said no and continued with deflagrating materials.

but those forums and the high explosives are really interesting to read about and you learn alot from it.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Ok so good in a virtual world but bad in practice, pretty much the experience i made with primary explosives.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 pm

yeah primary explosives is a no for me, sure it would be fun as long as it lasted.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Trust me, havign a beeping in your ear for three weeks and taking cortisone is not fun, that was this august, now i am buildign my first spud, what i do when pneumatics get me half killed i do not know...I guess i still have secondary explosives :D . No really i am really "falling in love" with spudding, it is like fire arms but seems safer(if it is not as strong that makes it some what safer). It requires a bit more brain power too and i should practise my phisics so Spudding is the hobby for me...

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 pm

AP in pellet rounds?
Primairy explosives in launchers or guns are a big no-no.
The guy is probably just dumb and should be erhm... corrected by darwins law by now.

SpudFarm wrote:yeah primary explosives is a no for me, sure it would be fun as long as it lasted.

But how would one detonate his secondairies then?
For small detonaters, which are kept away safely from the main charge and put in on the blasting site, primairies are somewhat safe.

Well, still not safe. Just not extremely life threatening.

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Well, unless another Mod or PCGUY can find a usable reason to unlock this thread, it's done.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion