Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Steam engine

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Steam engine

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Ok i am planning to build a steam engine to power a piston compressor to get compressed air, not only for spudding more just to see if it works, i was planning to build something like the CO2 motor used in many model air planes( an explaination of it can be found herehttp://www.keveney.com/co2.html). DO you think this is a good little project or an utter waste of my time. Does any one have experience with steam engines or not? Any comments and advice are appriciated.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:26 pm

i have no experience with it, but i think it will work if you use the appropriate materials and have the right equipment.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:29 pm

what do you define as the right equiptment?

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Sticky_Tape » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:38 pm

I think you can get it to work don't forget to make it stronger than it needs to be. Also use wide cylinders (you will get more pressure from this) and get it aligned right. Wow that uses a hammer valve antonio will be on the case.

You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
Sticky_Tape
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion