Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

We have no reference!!!

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:00 pm

finacially aware ones under us
If "they" are finacially aware, what makes you think "they" are under you?

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I dont know how the hell i managed to imply that, any way to avoid further confilicts i will just say the following:

The war brought jobs and money for all those people that suffered the economy crisis 1939, if the war didnt take place then the crisis would not have ended for a long time...

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: TurboSuper » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Welp, guess you didn't really see my point. What I was trying to say is that dicking around with history could have unforseen consequences, possibly worse than what had happened originally.

Although, the one good thing that would come of it is that we'd finally be able to lay to rest the question as to whether one's fate is predetermined or not, still, it ain't worth the risk, imo.

"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards

TurboSuper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvgwR9ERCBo

And yes playing around with history isnt a wise thing in both of ôur opinions. Still i want the formula for the energy needed to convert matter into energy.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:48 pm

1. Energy can be "destroyed", that is what happens when it is converted into mass.
2. Mass can be "destroyed", that is what happens when it is converted into energy.
3. The modern conservation law is Energy+Matter=Constant.

In nuclear processes mass and energy are interconverted. When a uranium atom decays the mass of the resulting particles is less than the mass of the original uranium atom. This is called the "mass defect" of the process. The energy released in this conversion of mass into energy is calculated using E=mc<sup>2</sup>.

Some will argue that all process involve the interconversion of mass and energy. Combustion of propane in air releases energy and the mass of the products is therefore less than the mass of the reactants. You can use E=mc<sup>2</sup> to calculate how much mass was lost (the "mass defect") of the process. As a practical matter, there is no way to measure the change in mass so it is really a mute point for all processes except nuclear ones. Even in nuclear processes like the decay of uranium, the mass defect is very small in mass terms. IIRC, a few hundreths of a percent of the mass is converted into energy.

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Aside from the somewhat controversial topic that is bound to lead to every active forum member taking part in and by the end not one having changed their mind in how they think the Universe and whatnot is like, Moonbogg talked about religion in his very first post, which is against the rules on Spudfiles.

Oh and even though it was only a single sentence that referenced God, and not many people even commented on it. I would've felt compelled to argue against you on it, and then that would've turned into a several page debate which I or another Mod would've had to lock.

This is not an Off-Topic forum, it is reserved for hobby discussions such as, Computers, Cars, RC toys or anything else that is a hobby and doesn't break forum rules.

Under no circumstances is there to be any religious, political, racist or competitive topics. This includes but is not limited to:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/nsgrd-r ... 11888.html

Moonbogg, if you want to continue discussion, take it to Theopia.
If you want to discuss religion and the existance of god with me and a few others:
http://www.theopia.com/viewtopic.php?p=22008&#22008

MrCrowley

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion