Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jackreacher, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Bleroticon

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Bleroticon

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 am

Well while digging in my garden i found wierd stones, they feel liek rubber and some are very large. They are shiny and seem like silicon. They also seem latex like and are black, hence the name. I melted some of it and got a sticky black goo, whcih when mixed with WD-40 gave me a liquid which when cooled gave me a thick, tar like substance, any one know what the hell this is, what uses it has ect.
Pics should be coming some time soon if you need them.

Last edited by john bunsenburner on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:01 am

I think you discovered your great grandfather's condom dump :roll: :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Bleroticon

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

john bunsenburner wrote:Well while digging in my garden i found wierd stones, they feel liek rubber and soem are very large. They are shiny and seem like silicon. They also seem latex like and are black, hence the name. I melted soem of it and got a sticky black goo, whcih when mixed with WD-40 gave me a liquid which when cooled gave me a thick, tar like substance, any one know what the hell this is, what uses it has ect.
Pics should be coming some time soon if you need them.

It could be left over chunks of creosote used back in the day of hot tar roofing.. sometimes in cleanup, broken chunks were discarded. They do feel rubbery.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am

Yeh, it sounds like a kind of tar. Put a blowtorch to it and see if you can burn it, if not then you probably have a tile sealing tar as technician suggested.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:15 am

hmm, both ideas sound very plausible as the house was built back in the 70's.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Lentamentalisk » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:35 pm

Wow, what an awesome post...
You find a mysterious black thing in you back yard, and the first thing you try is to melt it and then mix it with WD-40...
Seriously, WTF?
The first rule of everything is that you don't mix chemicals, if you don't know what they are, and especially you don't mix heated chemicals, because that will only speed up any reaction that could occur...
Not that anything bad would necessarily have happened by mixing it with WD-40, but was that really the first thing that came to mind?
"Hey, I found a mysterious object, let me try to melt it and mix it with WD-40 to see if I can create an elixir of eternal life!"

Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Lentamentalisk
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Well it was the first thing I could think of, i just grabbed the can and sprayed away.

Oh and the melting and boiling point/ decomopistion temp. are very close together as it is as good as impossible to get a molten batch without a bit of smoke.

I will go grab a camera and make some pics!

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 pm

I love you john! Don't listen to lenta, those skeptics always ruin discoveries.
No seriously you made my day with that post... "I melted soem of it and got a sticky black goo, whcih when mixed with WD-40 gave me a liquid which when cooled gave me a thick, tar like substance, any one know what the hell this is, what uses it has ect. "

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Oh once i read it i laughed out loud, I guess i love my self too! ok now to the pics:
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42 ... ies008.jpg

You can see bleroticon in its three stages blerotonic ink, bleroticon the all important goo and of coarse blerotonite the mineral which is mined my my very own back yard which produces bleroticon. The main ingredient, WD-40 is also diplayed along with the carbon dioxide that is pumped into the molten blerotonite using the funnel shaped glass object with the cork handle/bong during the bunsen process to yield bleroticon.
The bunsen process is performed in several stages:
1. The soid blerotonite is put into a metal cylinder along with WD-40(the cylinder is filled with about half the amount of WD-40 compared to blerttonite)
2.The cylinder is heated with a small butane torch until the WD-40 has turned black and starts to boil
3. The carbon dioxide is bubbled through the solution, the heating is continued until all blerotonite has fully disolved
4a.The bleroticon is poured into a mold and then immersed into water, it emidiately cools and goes intoa semi solid phase
4b. The bleroticon is boiled over, the liquid that flows out of the cylinder is called blerotonic ink and can be used like regular ink.

The question what the hell this is and how the hell I can use it still stands.

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion