Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

living in a Vanagon?

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Pilgrimman » Tue May 05, 2009 1:07 pm

You could find a construction site and park there, and use the bathrooms, Then drive to school... IDK the whole situation...

Yeah, we wouldn't want to anger the bees, now would we??

I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES!

LMAO Classic!!!! I love Family Guy!
Pilgrimman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Solar » Tue May 05, 2009 2:43 pm

I know! You could do you business into 4 inch tubes lined with plastic baggies, then insert them into the breech of a pneumatic launcher mounted on top of the Vanagon, pull the trigger and Voila! No more problem! ;-)

Solar
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Biopyro wrote:If you're quite outgoing, then it's fine, but if you let it be a rift, it will be. best to at least start normal!

heck people judge me for my spud gun hobby and gun fetish If asked or if it gets brought up I'll confess it, but I'm not going to give up my hobby any time soon. I'm used to being regard as a "special" person in both good and bad ways, and I prefer this role so I don't mind anything that will make me more weird as long as it's not atrocious weird

I don't think you'll have any problem bearing the smell, it'll be visitors you need to worry about. You'll be accustomed to it and they won't!

I know I could get used to it, but I don't want to smell like my home. If comfort was a big issue I wouldn't even consider living in a van however hygiene is
Ragnarok wrote:Not at all, there's no problems on the narrowboat with unpleasant aromas.

really even if you face was near the kazi? or shortly after using it because a van is not so big and I'll usually be within 2 feet of the toilet if I have one. so what features did it have? detachable compartment obviously, but did it have a flushing system? did it have an outside vent? or possibly an electric vent? did it use chemicals?

okay some detail on the situation , I don't know where I'll park I'll obviously be living somewhere on or just outside campus it would be nice to get an agreement with an apartment or home owner so I could hook up for water and electricity, but it may be a stretch to a land owner for permission to enter into the residence at random times to use the bathroom

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 pm

There are no smell problems at all really. If there were, do you really think people would buy the things?

There are no vents, but it does have a very wimpy flush (more a case of mild trickle of water) - and no appreciable quantity of chemicals.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Why don't ya try talking to the college and see if you can get a part time job with them in exchange for housing? If that doesn't work most places these days have pretty hefty financial aid. If all else fails ROTC. Those guys get it pretty good. College payed for and only 5 yrs due after.

I do encourage the ROTC thing though. Debt in today's financial market is no fun and the last thing ya need is college to pay for immediately after graduating.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan

"KA BLAAM! Elimination! Lack of education."-Big Mama, Fox and the Hound, Disney

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Tue May 05, 2009 3:59 pm

@solar
No more problem!
lol that was good.... I wonder what cd value would it have

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Ragnarok wrote:There are no smell problems at all really. If there were, do you really think people would buy the things?

There are no vents, but it does have a very wimpy flush (more a case of mild trickle of water) - and no appreciable quantity of chemicals.

okay I think I'll get a small portable flushing toilet for emergencies with the Oust and mist bottles to contain the smell during the bombardment of stankville

@goathunter
If I really had to I could commute 30miles, but I've heard that the commute to where my college really really sucks and since I don't know my academic work capacity in college I want to avoid side jobs and commuting. It's a practical idea but personally I admit I'm lazy and cheap so a van isn't so bad for me.

oh yeah and other issues with hygiene will my dirty laundry be a problem?
edit: I mean how much would dirty laundry affect my smell cause I my room has plenty of laundry lying around and smells bad but I don't spend a lot on time in there

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion