Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Archery Tread

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Archery Tread

Unread postAuthor: irisher » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:28 am

I thought that there was a need for a archery thread so here it is.Feel free to post your own bow.Mine is a Whitetail Pursuit with #50 pull, Cobra sight, and a fall away rest.Image

irisher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 pm

I have a XI archery legend xpress. its a good bow, but it needs a string and i dont have any arrows. There are no archery shops near by and from my understanding it would cost me about $100 for a string and buss cables, which is about what i paid for the bow in the first place. Its just sat in my closet for the last 2 years. i like it, but like i said, its too expensive to maintain.

edit- the pull is adjustable. 55 to 75 pounds i think.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: thedeathofall » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm

I have a feeling this thread might be forced to move to theopia, but I'm game for now.

I don't own or use compound bows. Im strickly a recurve/longbow/selfbow guy. In fact, I make my own bows (and arrows too). It has been a while since I've messed with any of that though. I've been too busy with school and spudguns.

It can take a long time to finish a bow. Arrows are easier, but messier because of all the paints, stains, and finishes.

Here is some of my work...

"I'm spending time without a gender for tax reasons. It's great if I get hit in the groin, but a total nightmare in the bathroom."

-Rag

Obsequium parit amicos; veritas parit odium.

-Cicero

thedeathofall
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: LCTChamp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Nice bow irisher. I would take a picture of mine but unfortunately its lost in my messy garage.

LCTChamp
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion