Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

modifying my air compressor

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Ah it looks worse than it actually is, I've seen unexploded workshops that look much messier :D

Besides, for all I know the lady is saying "And once again, Jozef Kowalski is crowned winner of "Worst kept shop in Warsaw" Award ;)

But seriously, if the tank that exploded is that reddish mangled thing at 0:18, it looks more like it split at the seams than shattered :shock:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 pm

I personally prefer to run several smaller higher pressure rated tanks in a cascade if i want larger volumes of higher pressure... A tank failure is NEVER fun.... You can have high pressure tanks built relatively cheap if you know any steampipe fitters, a 6 ft long 8" diameter steel pipe with caps would equate to 13gallons of storage, and depending on the schedule of the pipe, you could go to fridgie pressures quite safely...

As far as that goes even if you used threaded caps you could assemble yourself and reach higher than normal pressures safely...

My Cannons can be found by clicking the following link.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... tml#256896

jeepkahn
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

jeepkahn wrote:I personally prefer to run several smaller higher pressure rated tanks in a cascade if i want larger volumes of higher pressure... A tank failure is NEVER fun.... You can have high pressure tanks built relatively cheap if you know any steampipe fitters, a 6 ft long 8" diameter steel pipe with caps would equate to 13gallons of storage, and depending on the schedule of the pipe, you could go to fridgie pressures quite safely...

As far as that goes even if you used threaded caps you could assemble yourself and reach higher than normal pressures safely...

You could replace the original tank with a DOT approved Propane tank. Service pressure is in the 240 PSI range. The original valve safety is supposed to remain closed at 305 PSI and below. The minimum burst pressure is 4X the service pressure.

Need a 500 PSI tank? One word of caution. most propane tanks are not meant for moist air. Plan on changing the tank often and inspecting for rust.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

I've seen unexploded workshops that look much messier
true

Besides, for all I know the lady is saying "And once again, Jozef Kowalski is crowned winner of "Worst kept shop in Warsaw" Award
uhmm you better stick to using body language when communicating with polish girls :D

it looks more like it split at the seams than shattered
yeah but you can't be 100% sure that the tank you've got won't do that...?
come on.. jack we can see examples of your PUI every weekend... what makes you think that the tank on your compressor is not a prime example of WUI (welding under influence)?

anyway, ASME wouldn't be so anal about pressure rating of tanks if they weren't dangerous

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion