Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 74 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Slow motion spuddin

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ramses » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

actually, the EX-F1 does not have a 60 fps video mode afaik. It has 30 fields 1080i, 30fps 720p, 30fps standard, 300, 600, and 1200fps

Out of my hybrid, the projectile is little more than a streak. as far as damage, I usually just see a propitiation of white mist. I will link to some videos of my hybrid.

water jugs
steel plate

Last edited by ramses on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
ramses
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: qwerty » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 pm

i meant that it takes 60 pictures/frames in one second for things like catching birds flying of there pirches.

I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.
qwerty
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:42 pm

and muzzle flash...

taken with the ex-f1

Attachments
muzzleflash.jpg
white point and black point adjusted

The whole thing was whitish, maybe because they were popping smoke, or maybe because I was at full telephoto.
muzzleflash2.JPG
stupid AF focused a good 30 feet beyond what I wanted. At least the grass background is reasonably sharp...
muzzleflash sniper.jpg
single frames out of 600fps movie
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
ramses
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Shutter time counts too. A short shutter time needs more light, but longer shutter times permit longer motion streaks as shown in this frame of an orange going through a metal screen.

Attachments
Orangesplat.jpg
Orange filtered through an expanded metal screen at high speed. Speed is in the 800 ft/sec range.
Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:06 pm

For those who like the idea of the EX-F1 but can't justify the cost (like me), casio has a few other options, one of which I intend to purchase soon.

Hopefully I'll be ordering an EX-FC100 once B&H has the package I want back in stock. It's a compact point and shoot with sensor shift image stabilization, 30 images per second bursts, and 30 fps HD video, 210fps video with somewhat less quality, 420 fps with even less, and 1000 fps with very low quality. There is also an almost identical camera called the EX-FS10 which is identical apart from being smaller, having less zoom, and lacking the image stabilization.

For me in Australia it's gonna cost about $500 for the EX-FC100 with some memory cards, a case, a spare battery and an extended waranty from B&H in New York, but for those of you in America it looks like a nice way to get some high-speed footage without spending too much.

It does have some downsides though, mainly noise even at low ISO's and only average image quality.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:12 pm

If you can settle for stills, get yourself a nice DSLR, and use a triggered flash to capture the action.

not my flikr, not my pictures, but a good example. She has gone overboard and built a custom 20kv, 500ns flash unit, but the vivitar 283 has been used with great success. With a digital timer, you can plug your camera in via the shutter release and take pictures with moderate ambient light.

ramses
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion