Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

A Secondary Hobby of mine

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:14 pm

VH_man wrote:
You don't need to worry about getting the right tuned pipe now you can have them all at once.

for a nominal fee of 109 bucks.....

Ya, I know that's why I don't have one LOL!

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Nice, but there is hesitation in the mid-range. Things are improving!

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm

I thought jrrdw was a mechanic? Guess he doesn't work on 2 stroke engines...

jrrdw wrote:All you have to do is match the size of the carburater with the intake and gasket, same with the exhaust. Any bigger and your building a time bomb, removing material unnecessarily. After you match the sizes polish smooth and you got all your going to get!

Um, no. Modifying a 2 stroke nitro engine for performance involves changing the timing of the crankshaft induction port and the intake, boost, and exhaust ports in the sleeve. Port matching the carburetor and exhaust header with the block is something that is rarely done, and adds almost nothing to performance.

Exhaust configuration, if you want your engine to wind out for a long way your expansion chamber should be long and skinny, get as much chamber stuffed in there that you can.

If you want your engine to wind up real fast make your expansion chamber short and fat. Of course the trade off is you can't run it wide open for long runs.

What are you talking about? "Wind out for a long way", "Can't run wide open for long runs". This makes no sense, the pipe has nothing to do with how long you can run at full throttle. If you're talking about the placement of the torque curve, then you have it backwards. A shorter expansion chamber will give you better torque at high RPM, as the pressure wave emitted from the engine's exhaust port will take less time to reflect back to the port and scavenge the engine. A longer expansion chamber works better at low RPM by the same logic.

kiwi of nitro, you should have left that bridge in the sleeve.

Huh? What bridge? You mean you think there was originally a bridge in the middle of the JPX.28's exhaust port? If so, LMFAO!

Kiwi, the Buku pipe is just hype, it doesn't work as well as the manufacturer claims. The best pipe for your JPX would be the Ofna 086, or the MSR1005.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah I would have gone with the OFNA 086, but it's a high end pipe, and I run on a really tight track so I need more torque on the low end, I went with the OFNA 053.

I've heard good things about the buku pipe, at least their small block one, it was run in the offroad nationals a few years back.

-See attachement..
Now that's a modded sleeve!

Attachments
photo4.jpg
photo5.jpg
kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Have a hatred for money? Get into R/C Heli flying (crashing).

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:26 pm

kiwi of nitro wrote:-See attachement..

Yeah, Robin from ERCM does nice work.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Moonbogg wrote:Have a hatred for money? Get into R/C Heli flying (crashing).

Yeah I know all about it, I've got a Beam E4 with a Scorpion 2221-6, phoenix 60a, and I run a 4s lipo!

I'm not much of a pilot though, I've been practicing for about a year and a half on the sim... I still hover and do a little nose-in, I tried inverted with my blade 400 and destroyed it about 3 times before I decided I couldn't do it...

I'm afraid to fly me Beam, I don't want to murder it.

Here's some more of my fav videos found on tuber...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjCt6EAp8bc[/youtube]

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:
kiwi of nitro wrote:-See attachement..

Yeah, Robin from ERCM does nice work.

Holy cow, you knew that was from them right off the top of yer head?

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 pm

kiwi of nitro wrote:
Moonbogg wrote:Have a hatred for money? Get into R/C Heli flying (crashing).

Yeah I know all about it, I've got a Beam E4 with a Scorpion 2221-6, phoenix 60a, and I run a 4s lipo!

I'm not much of a pilot though, I've been practicing for about a year and a half on the sim... I still hover and do a little nose-in, I tried inverted with my blade 400 and destroyed it about 3 times before I decided I couldn't do it...

I'm afraid to fly me Beam, I don't want to murder it.

Here's some more of my fav videos found on tuber...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjCt6EAp8bc[/youtube]

The trick to learning inverted is sim first, stalled loops second with plenty of height. You know what they say, "Fly it like you stole it"

EDIT: isn't he totally lucky he didn't hit the blades on that swift? That was totally badass by the way! never seen anything like it.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 pm

I think I can do stall turns, I'll have to try it..

What kind of heli do you have?

Here's another awesome video. I think it's Bobby Watts (pro pilot) flying a Bandit/MA 450. He chops up a foamie with the blades! Then does a wall landing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vx_Rw1cfI[/youtube]

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 am

LOOOOOOL!! Oh sh*t on it sh*t on it! Damn man, that was really sweet. Chopped it right up. I have a Logo10 and have flown it for several years getting progressively better but nothing like these guys. I can't hold an inverted hover very long but I can do loops and rolls and slow, stable flight in all orientations. I recently sold parts of the Logo however, so I will have to pick up on heli flying some other time.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 am

Spudblaster15 you argue with everything I say no matter what it is about. I will tell you and everybody this, everything I've said about this topic works and works well. I know because I've done it, to many engines.

I have over 25 years experience that is hands on and race proven weather it be across the field or at a track. I just don't sit and listen to the elders and counter people talk about it,

I got hands on!

So go ahead and dispute it any way you can, that's what you do.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 pm

jrrdw wrote:Spudblaster15 you argue with everything I say no matter what it is about. I will tell you and everybody this, everything I've said about this topic works and works well. I know because I've done it, to many engines.

I have over 25 years experience that is hands on and race proven weather it be across the field or at a track. I just don't sit and listen to the elders and counter people talk about it,

I got hands on!

So go ahead and dispute it any way you can, that's what you do.

I argue with you frequently because I am amazed by how someone can posses such a massive quantity of misinformation. As a moderator on this site and an experienced automotive mechanic, I would expect you to have some accurate knowledge, but most of what you state is garbage. I don't care how long you claim to have been 'doing this', false info is false info.

My guess? You've never touched a nitro engine in your life, and you're speculating based on methods applied to automobile engines. That's what your post indicates.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah Jrrdw, I'm sure you have a lot of experience with engines, however, I think you should brush-up on your information about about 2-strokes.

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 am

kiwi of nitro wrote:Yeah Jrrdw, I'm sure you have a lot of experience with engines, however, I think you should brush-up on your information about about 2-strokes.

jrrdw wrote:I have over 25 years experience that is hands on and race proven weather it be across the field or at a track. I just don't sit and listen to the elders and counter people talk about it,

I got hands on!

I have years of experience in both 2 stroke and 4 stroke, probly more then you've been alive. If you disagree with me that's fine, but don't be flaming on me or riding the coat tails of someone that does.

@Spudblaster15, I find your comments directed towards me disrespectful, flaming and undeserving. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to be sarcastic with your disagreement.

Spudblaster15 wrote:I argue with you frequently because I am amazed by how someone can posses such a massive quantity of misinformation. As a moderator on this site and an experienced automotive mechanic, I would expect you to have some accurate knowledge, but most of what you state is garbage. I don't care how long you claim to have been 'doing this', false info is false info.

My guess? You've never touched a nitro engine in your life, and you're speculating based on methods applied to automobile engines. That's what your post indicates.

The above quoted sarcasm is not welcome or deserved. I am amazed at someone can be so full of himself to make a statement like that and think it's correct in any way what so ever.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion