Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

A Secondary Hobby of mine

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 am

Careful Spudblaster15. In any other forum that could get you a temp or perm ban. And I do find that you say your statements with a slight bit of arrogance.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:16 am

Please everyone, back on topic. The flame wars and more experianced than thou should move off to PM's or email.

Back on topic, A secondary hobby of mine is RC boats and cars, as well as photography, audio production, theatrical productions (lighting and sound), etc.

I haven't joined in the RC tuning as the subject seems pretty well covered with more extensive mods than I ever got into. Most of my RC car stuff was 1/8th scale Indy circuit tracks in the 1970's running 5-15% nitromethane. Synthetic oils were the new rage as castor oil was beginning to lose favor in the hot mixes. Tuned pipes, pressure fuel systems, custom machined heat sink heads, higher compression, etc were the most common mods. Port mods were fairly uncommon then.

The most common class of racing was with 0.29 engines.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 9&page=601

Check out that thread, My name is KiwiNator on there...

There's this one crazy guy who is shitting bricks about my rockets. His name is DogFly.

Can you believe how deluded and safety-crazed some people are?!

This guy thinks RC is going to banned by the government! LOL!

There is this one guy who reports all my posts and makes them disappear temporarily.

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:09 pm

kiwi of nitro wrote:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867259&page=601

Check out that thread, My name is KiwiNator on there...

There's this one crazy guy who is shitting bricks about my rockets. His name is DogFly.

Can you believe how deluded and safety-crazed some people are?!

This guy thinks RC is going to banned by the government! LOL!

There is this one guy who reports all my posts and makes them disappear temporarily.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like him in this world. Over-cautious, fearful of anything out of the ordinary, and ignorant of the fact that seemingly dangerous activities can be done safely. The same people who are responsible for the banning of all decent class 1.4G fireworks, the CPSC's attacks on legitimate amateur pyrotechnicians and chemical suppliers, and the masses' deluded views on firearms. Ironically, though he complains about your actions potentially causing restrictions on R/C aircraft, it is the people who blow the safety concerns way out of proportion that actually garner attention from federal agencies and cause restrictions to be placed on commercial products.

I've pretty much stopped posting on R/C forums, as I find most of the members to be like that. I'm a spudder/pyrotechnician at heart, and I just can't relate to them.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Wow, that is the most, intelligent, realistic and non-deluded piece of text I have read in a terribly long time.

Do you mind if I use your words to put a few more chinks in this guy's armour?

I was battling these guys using a 5 foot 2x4 with a nail in it. You just gave 500kg of semtex to stick under their ass.

Excelente!

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 pm

I was thinking about putting together some sort of onboard cannons for one of my video-piloting planes.

I'm using the search function...

This might become a fun project... But I don't see anyone else's designs that quite fit the bill.

I might need to do some designing.

I think I'll post a thread on it somewhere else in this forum...

The whole system would have to be small and under 500grams in weight...

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 pm

kiwi of nitro wrote:Wow, that is the most, intelligent, realistic and non-deluded piece of text I have read in a terribly long time.

Do you mind if I use your words to put a few more chinks in this guy's armour?

I was battling these guys using a 5 foot 2x4 with a nail in it. You just gave 500kg of semtex to stick under their ass.

Excelente!

I have no problem with that, I was reading the debates and they are pretty amusing. I joined that forum and might chip in if I feel like it.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 am

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 pm

CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1131886

I've got a VIDEO NOW!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BjJn2Co4m4[/youtube]

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 am

Awesome, now you just need to put a 50g flash powder header on each rocket, and rig up some sort of impact ignition device. You could likely make a reliable system using a 9V battery, a model rocket igniter, some wiring, and a cheap homemade pressure switch mounted on the nose of the rocket.

If you actually went through with it, I wouldn't make that particular video public, since it could land you in deep legal hot water.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 am

My rockets weren't very stable, I'll put angled fins (for rotation) and move the center of gravity forward, (by putting something in the nosecone :) ) next time.

Would tannerite explode if it was used in a warhead?

I heard you could fill an entire 18" rocket fuselage with buckshot and the D12 engine would still have enough thrust to send it skyward.

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:26 am

Tannerite requires a significant shock to detonate, a rocket isn't going to be capable of delivering sufficient force.

You could also try using the engine's ejection charge to initiate the payload, similar to what EP from KrimzonPyro did with his Estes Skyrockets.

A D12 engine should produce just under 3 pounds average thrust, so they can indeed lift quite a lot of mass. Several years ago, I managed to launch a small toy grade R/C car over 2 campsites and into a lake using a single D size engine. Pretty impressive for such a small device.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: kiwi of nitro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Awesome, thanks for the link, I can't tell what the charge is?

I've done that with black powder before, I crunched up a rocket motor and poured the black powder into the fuselage of another rocket, the backfire set it off and it REALLY exploded!

kiwi of nitro
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 am

The charge is a CO2 cartridge filled with black powder (COB). The steel casing can create some shrapnel danger at close range, but if your rockets are stable and fired away from you, the risk is minimal.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion