Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Nerf Dart Gun Challenge (now open) disscussion thread

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 

Are you intrested in participating in this challenge?

I'd like to participate in this challenge
16
46%
I think this is a good idea, I might participate
15
43%
I don't like the idea of this challenge
4
11%
 
Total votes : 35
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: Gaderelguitarist » Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

I have a lung powered, stefan firing blow gun. Aluminum barrel, UHMW mouth piece, and fabricated plastic quivers.

It reloads as fast as you can (which for me is a reciculous speed) and will shoot far as you can make it. I can imagine it being used in a themed Nerf battle of soldiers vs. aboriginals.

Would it be applicable for the contest?
  • 0

so many muchness
User avatar
Gaderelguitarist
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Columbia, MD
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri May 07, 2010 1:49 pm

a themed Nerf battle of soldiers vs. aboriginals
political correctness... ever heard of it? :D
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: kydavies » Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 am

thi is a stupid question, but im just making sure i can use parts of a nerf gun on a pneumatic gun that will fire the standard foam nerf darts because i want to use the Magazine from a nerf N-strike as the mag for my pneumatic.
  • 0

mikemurph wrote:yea, the ammo has been changed to a more aero dynamic projectile. it consists of the back half of a dart, and a hot glue ball
AHahahahah!!
User avatar
kydavies
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: Comox BC
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat May 08, 2010 12:33 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
a themed Nerf battle of soldiers vs. aboriginals
political correctness... ever heard of it? :D


Yeh..especially seen as he doesn't actually live in Australia.
  • 0

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
User avatar
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:27 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:37 am

kydavies wrote:thi is a stupid question, but im just making sure i can use parts of a nerf gun on a pneumatic gun that will fire the standard foam nerf darts because i want to use the Magazine from a nerf N-strike as the mag for my pneumatic.


I don't see what would be wrong with that, but then again I'm not in charge of this.
  • 0


PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: Gaderelguitarist » Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 am

inonickname wrote:
POLAND_SPUD wrote:
a themed Nerf battle of soldiers vs. aboriginals
political correctness... ever heard of it? :D


Yeh..especially seen as he doesn't actually live in Australia.


Sorry guys :oops:

Cowboys and Indians?
  • 0

so many muchness
User avatar
Gaderelguitarist
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Columbia, MD
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Very nice pvc arsenal!!
  • 0

User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm

PVC Arsenal 17 wrote:
kydavies wrote:thi is a stupid question, but im just making sure i can use parts of a nerf gun on a pneumatic gun that will fire the standard foam nerf darts because i want to use the Magazine from a nerf N-strike as the mag for my pneumatic.


I don't see what would be wrong with that, but then again I'm not in charge of this.

Yes it is acceptable to use parts from store bought nerf guns, I may own the thread, but I try to ensure that this contest is managed like a democracy, so I try to avoid making decisions without some input from the forum


Gaderelguitarist wrote:I have a lung powered, stefan firing blow gun. Aluminum barrel, UHMW mouth piece, and fabricated plastic quivers.

It reloads as fast as you can (which for me is a reciculous speed) and will shoot far as you can make it.

Would it be applicable for the contest?

the entries in this contest will represent the engineering abilities of spudfiles, we will judge the engineering behind the creation and not its potential in the hands of the creator, so you should only enter if you believe that your entry is an truly exceptional creation
  • 0


iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: kydavies » Sat May 08, 2010 7:09 pm

when is the due date for this contest? cause i havent started
  • 0

mikemurph wrote:yea, the ammo has been changed to a more aero dynamic projectile. it consists of the back half of a dart, and a hot glue ball
AHahahahah!!
User avatar
kydavies
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: Comox BC
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:59 pm

The due date is a good question... It would probably have to be sometime in June to allow btrettel and everyone else the time they need to work. Right now is a busy time for most people with final exams and all of that.

As for my entry, the linkage and stock were completed today. The only thing left to do is make the mags and mold a hand grip.

Image
  • 0


PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Sweet!!! Great job there
  • 0

User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gaderelguitarist » Sat May 08, 2010 9:05 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:
PVC Arsenal 17 wrote:
kydavies wrote:thi is a stupid question, but im just making sure i can use parts of a nerf gun on a pneumatic gun that will fire the standard foam nerf darts because i want to use the Magazine from a nerf N-strike as the mag for my pneumatic.


I don't see what would be wrong with that, but then again I'm not in charge of this.

Yes it is acceptable to use parts from store bought nerf guns, I may own the thread, but I try to ensure that this contest is managed like a democracy, so I try to avoid making decisions without some input from the forum


Gaderelguitarist wrote:I have a lung powered, stefan firing blow gun. Aluminum barrel, UHMW mouth piece, and fabricated plastic quivers.

It reloads as fast as you can (which for me is a reciculous speed) and will shoot far as you can make it.

Would it be applicable for the contest?

the entries in this contest will represent the engineering abilities of spudfiles, we will judge the engineering behind the creation and not its potential in the hands of the creator, so you should only enter if you believe that your entry is an truly exceptional creation


Well it isn't :D

I think my post was purely out of sarcasm.
  • 0

so many muchness
User avatar
Gaderelguitarist
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Columbia, MD
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Well got started on mine today-- a basic blow-forward action similar to clide's GB semi. Will be mag fed. Started to glue up the bolt housing.

Also plan on an underslung shotgun type attachment-- will send out multiple darts in a pattern that spreads out.

Picture is just of bolt housing, nothing special at all. More will follow!
Bolt housing is 1/2" PVC in 1" PVC.

I plan on housing the gun in a longshot or recon shell, as a rule of HvZ is no realistic looking guns, so I might as well make it look like just another nerf gun. I plan on making it removable though.

I don't plan on winning, as what I'm doing is nothing revolutionary or particularly fancy, but I'm going to enjoy it.
  • 0

Attachments
DSC01601.JPG
User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Looking good, how did you center the inner pipe? What did you glue it with?

JDP12 wrote:I plan on housing the gun in a longshot or recon shell, as a rule of HvZ is no realistic looking guns, so I might as well make it look like just another nerf gun. I plan on making it removable though.


Good point... I'll have to dress my gun up in some neon colors before I take it to an HvZ game. Right now it's just a "skeleton" awaiting some kind of shell.
  • 0


PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Wrapped it in some tape to center, glued with JB weld.

The nice thing bout a nerf gun is that it doesnt have to wothstand alot of pressure because there are certain safety regulations. So itll be a bit easier to build.


Also, pvc arsenal, what do you plan on doing for a mag?
  • 0

User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'