Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

My American voyage: part II

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Okay McMaster tells me that they talked to UPS, who say it was definitely delivered to the hotel. The hotel says it wasn't and McMaster are giving me a complete refund including shipping! Can't beat service like that.

Really would've liked to make an advanced combustion these holidays, probably one of the few types of spudgun I haven't built and they really are quite practical.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Nice mrc.... Least you got the refundn

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: starman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:37 pm

UPS is usually pretty good, as is Fed Ex. It's the US postal service that sucks.

A very high likelyhood that UPS probably did actually deliver it....muuuuch more likely the goofballs at the hotel misplaced it. What were you ordering? You may be able to pick it up in SoCal locally.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm

starman wrote:UPS is usually pretty good, as is Fed Ex. It's the US postal service that sucks.

A very high likelyhood that UPS probably did actually deliver it....muuuuch more likely the goofballs at the hotel misplaced it. What were you ordering? You may be able to pick it up in SoCal locally.

It was four 4" fittings. Two 4" couplers and two 4" reducing to 2" threaded bushings. Probably about $30-$40NZD a pop over here, but only $4USD on McMaster.

I'm back in NZ now, can't pick it up. Just hoping the Hotel finds the package and ships it to me free of charge haha.

MrCrowley

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion