Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 30 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New Camera - Highspeed and HD quality video

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
New Camera - Highspeed and HD quality video

Unread postAuthor: Davidvaini » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm

I am into Parkour and Free Running and I was thinking the other day it was time to switch to a newer camera.

I was browsing online and I came across a few cameras. My main concern was I wanted to be able to do around 2x slower and still have very good image quality.

Well recording at 30 frames per second (fps) when slowed down looks choppy as the human eye sees at around 24fps.. when you slow it around half speed (2x) its as if it seems like 15fps (mistake me if I'm wrong)

I figured I would want something that records in at least 44fps at 720p. Those were the min specs I was looking for... Obviously 44 fps is not a common number so the next step up was 60fps..

So I searched for HD 60fps and I came up with this camera:

Sanyo VPC-FH1A
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-FH1A-Vi ... 397&sr=8-1

$316
------
1080p @ 60fps
1920 x 1080 60 fps
1920 x 1080 30 fps
1280 x 720 30 fps
640 x 480 30 fps
448 x 336 240 fps
192 x 108 600fps

1080P Footage
http://vimeo.com/4020813

Slow-Mo Footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFyi45Oujj4

Now realize that 1000fps is 41 times slower than 24fps..
If you record in 240fps on this camera, go into video editing, and slow it down even more, you still retain high quality and it still looks nice and not that choppy at 40x-60x. (That is what the guy in the above video did)

Now I dont really care as much about the Slow-Mo stuff this camera does as much as the fact that it can record in 1080p, have amazing quality, is cheap and that it can do 2x in that resolution

1080 at slowed 50% down with movement...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RuAjWRzeOs

The camera also has slow motion playback so you dont need to go into video editing software to see how it would look in slow mo....

More info on specs:
http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/products ... /spec.html

Davidvaini
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:04 pm

This looks like a nice camera, I prefer the EX-F1 though. I imagine it has a bit more "evolved" high speed functions.

The full HD footage on this camera is quite amazing for that prize though. Extremely vibrant and good color balances, even in tough light conditions it seems like.

Nice find!

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:39 pm

very nice find but i doubt it can do high speed as good as a dedicated high speed camera, nor do HD like a dedicated camera.

also it is extremly doubltful that is shoots in 1080p, as of the last time i checked no consumer camera can do it. altough it is quite common for them to record in 1080i witch has the same number of pixels and is almost as good

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: kydavies » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm

wait your into shooting stings and parkour... do you aspire to be a hitman?

dont worry im in to spudding and parkour as well. just jumped off of my front stairs into my yard (about 6 feet + the hight of my jump) and scared the crap out of my mom (she didnt know i like parkour)

mikemurph wrote:yea, the ammo has been changed to a more aero dynamic projectile. it consists of the back half of a dart, and a hot glue ball
AHahahahah!!
kydavies
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: spudtyrrant » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:55 pm

c11man wrote:very nice find but i doubt it can do high speed as good as a dedicated high speed camera, nor do HD like a dedicated camera.

also it is extremly doubltful that is shoots in 1080p, as of the last time i checked no consumer camera can do it. altough it is quite common for them to record in 1080i witch has the same number of pixels and is almost as good
, i can name ma it can shoot full hd in 1080p at 60fps c11ny other examples of consumer camera's that can do this(not this cheap tho), that said it does HD better than any camera at or below its price, it can shoot high speed pretty well too, but thats just a bonus to the amazing HD :P

I ♥ ♣'in baby seals
spudtyrrant
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: spudtyrrant » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:58 pm

c11man wrote:very nice find but i doubt it can do high speed as good as a dedicated high speed camera, nor do HD like a dedicated camera.

it can shoot full hd in 1080p at 60fps c11, i can name many other examples of consumer camera's that can do this(not this cheap tho), that said it does HD better than any camera at or below its price, it can shoot high speed pretty well too, but thats just a bonus to the amazing HD :P

I ♥ ♣'in baby seals
spudtyrrant
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:25 pm

so its not only me that gets double posted,

oh this was the same as below befor i editied

Last edited by c11man on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:25 pm

find me one, i would very much like to see one, and remember i was talking about consumer cameras, not comercial cameras

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:30 pm

c11man wrote:find me one, i would very much like to see one, and remember i was talking about consumer cameras, not comercial cameras

This cute little camera came as the first result when I searched: "Full HD consumer camera" on google. The model name is "PX1496E1CAM"

The Casio Exilim EX-F1 does it to.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 pm

well neither the model name nor trying to redue your google seach turned up a result like you said

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:56 pm

c11man wrote:well neither the model name nor trying to redue your google seach turned up a result like you said

Might be because I live in Norway, my result is in Norwegian but you can see "1080p"

However, let's not get to far off topic, this is not much related to the original subject.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion