Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pocket Catapults and Smarshmallow Shmooters for the Troop

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
  • Author

Pocket Catapults and Smarshmallow Shmooters for the Troop

Unread postAuthor: Mountain Storm » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 am

Thought some of you guys involved in Scouting might find this interesting. I made some marshmallow guns and spoon powered catapults for our Pack 129 Yard Sale today. For a total investment of $35 in materials I hope to raise the Pack $150 or more in sales. Making stuff from PVC...what could be more fun than that? It was a great excuse to play around in the shop with my son.

Rather than slap together a bunch of plumbing parts I decided to make them look more like "product" to up the ante. All it took was some time at the PC and a little printer ink to make some labels and staple them to some zip lock baggies.

The video shows the pocket catapult.

The catapults cost almost nothing to make and it took me maybe an hour to make 24 of them. The marshmallow shooters ended up costing about $2.50 in parts each. When I dropped them off to the ladies at the sale I suggested $10 for the Shmooters and $2 for the Pocket Catapults, but they felt they could get $3 for the catapults. Hope they Sell:)

Please note I am not selling these or advertising goods for sale; I made these for a BSA fund raising event and I am sharing this idea, not hawking wares.

Mountain Storm

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Good job, the kids are gonna loveum! :D

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion