Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: al-xg, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 pm

*******ANNOUNMENT******

I'm going to leave Zeuses and qwert123s post stay only as a example of what NOT to discuss next here on Spudfiles. Bestiality and pedophilia, REALLY? One said it and the other quoted it so your both dirty and wearing it!

This thread has been pushing it lately so be careful with your chosen topic of discussion.

We don't want to lock this but we will rather then spend/waste time moderating "off topic".
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Some are saying it's one of the best catches in the history of cricket. For you Americans, in cricket if you catch a ball but step over the boundary (the white rope) then it is not out but six runs to the batsman. It would be like if you weren't allowed to catch the ball in baseball while touching the wall otherwise it would be a homerun to the batter. So the fielder has had to jump whilst inside the field of play, catch the ball mid air and then throw it back to a fielder on the full without touching the ground outside the rope.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wq5MHIRWqQ[/youtube]
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Holy crap, that is some athleticism... it is really hard to move that fast :?
  • 0

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
User avatar
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

all fellow spudders, my son had to go for an mri today, he has permeant nerve damage to one eye, and the drs called and wanted to perform one today, which they did, and he is doing well, but im still kinda worried about the results,

they wanted to rule out that his brain wasnt pushing on the damaged nerve and that he has no brain damage.

please pray that everything works out for the lil guy, when they sadated him today, while i was holding him it was very sad, , i still feel like crap at the momen



please all spudders pray for my lil man thanks guys/gals
  • 0


jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Did anything cause it or did you just notice something was wrong and took him to the doctors? Hopefully he'll be alright.

jsefcik wrote:please all spudders pray for my lil man thanks guys/gals
That's a bit rude to the doctors who spent a good portion of their lives at university (at least 6 years, probably closer to 10-12 years if they are a doctor of medicine) and another good portion of their lives performing similar operations that gave them the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of experience in their respective fields that will benefit your son.

I don't mean to bring religion in to this but at least have some respect for the doctors who are helping your son, don't give away all their hard earned skills and talent to something you hold on faith. They had to work hard to learn what they know, to be able to do what they do.

Edit: As per my reply below, I don't mean to question your beliefs jsefcik. My intentions were to give the doctors helping your son credit if they are able to help him, rather than give away the credit for your son's future good health to anonymous people on the internet who had nothing to do with the treatment your son may receive.
  • 0

Last edited by MrCrowley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

MrCrowley wrote:
jsefcik wrote:please all spudders pray for my lil man thanks guys/gals
That's a bit rude to the doctors who spent a good portion of their lives at university (at least 6 years, probably closer to 10-12 years if they are a doctor of medicine) and another good portion of their lives performing similar operations that gave them the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of experience in their respective fields that will benefit your son.

I don't mean to bring religion in to this but at least have some respect for the doctors who are helping your son, don't give away all their hard earned skills and talent to something you hold on faith. They had to work hard to learn what they know, to be able to do what they do.


Seconded. Sorry to hear that Jsefcik, but I agree with Crowley.
  • 0


warhead052
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mobile chernobyl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm

MrCrowley wrote:That's a bit rude to the doctors who spent a good portion of their lives at university...


Crowley - Not to piss on your parade and raise up Jsefcik, but his finishing remarks are used very commonly in America and I very much doubt he had any intention's as to what you were alluding. Please try not to make this something it isn't, perhaps it is a less common thing to say in the southern hemisphere? lol

Either way, Jsefcik - I had no idea you were a parent! :shock: Godspeed to the little man!
  • 0

User avatar
mobile chernobyl
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 am
Reputation: 9

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm

mobile chernobyl wrote:Crowley - Not to piss on your parade and raise up Jsefcik, but his finishing remarks are used very commonly in America and I very much doubt he had any intention's as to what you were alluding. Please try not to make this something it isn't, perhaps it is a less common thing to say in the southern hemisphere? lol
Understood. I was just about to add to my post that I didn't wish to bring in to question jsefcik's (or anyone else's) beliefs, just that credit should be given where it's due.

mobile chernobyl wrote:Either way, Jsefcik - I had no idea you were a parent! :shock:
You're not a regular to this thread, I assume :wink:
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 am

MrCrowley wrote:just that credit should be given where it's due.


Amen.

Also:

Image
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: jakethebeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:00 am

JSR know's wehat this is :wink:

Image


EDIT: muuuch better :)
  • 0

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
User avatar
jakethebeast
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Jakes cave
Country: Finland (fi)
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:16 am

Ahhh, looking good!

Can't wait to see it finished :D
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 am

warhead052 wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:
jsefcik wrote:please all spudders pray for my lil man thanks guys/gals
That's a bit rude to the doctors who spent a good portion of their lives at university (at least 6 years, probably closer to 10-12 years if they are a doctor of medicine) and another good portion of their lives performing similar operations that gave them the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of experience in their respective fields that will benefit your son.

I don't mean to bring religion in to this but at least have some respect for the doctors who are helping your son, don't give away all their hard earned skills and talent to something you hold on faith. They had to work hard to learn what they know, to be able to do what they do.


Seconded. Sorry to hear that Jsefcik, but I agree with Crowley.



its all good, i just ask for prayers if you belive or not, just like any parent , i know everything will be ok, if something was wrong the drs would have realized it , thanks guys for the support!!!
  • 0


jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 am

Goddamn I hate spiders, and we don't even get particularly bad ones here in NZ.

A male black house spider sprinted across my desk while I was watching some Carl Sagan on YouTube and it scared the crap out of me, before I could react it had crawled inside my record player. Trying to lure it out, naturally, I turned the record player on and grabbed an L.P. I had of The Carpenters :roll:

Success came a fearful hour later when it fricken moved at the speed of light across my desk once more, this time I was more prepared and managed to catch it under a small plastic jar I use for microscope samples. 100% pure isopropyl alcohol was dripped around the circumference of the jar in copious quantities before ever-so-gently lifting the jar allowing the liquid to flood the container.

Death came in a matter of minutes.


Reminds me of a not so dissimilar story from earlier today.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 am

Scared of Spiders are you? Should have let it live, now you've exposed yourself to any and more harmful little blood sucking parasites that the one little Spider would have kept away from you just in the course of it's day.

Parasites and other little blood suckers +1,000s Vs MrCrowley -1. :twisted: :P :twisted:
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 am

jsefcik wrote:its all good, i just ask for prayers if you belive or not, just like any parent , i know everything will be ok, if something was wrong the drs would have realized it , thanks guys for the support!!!


I agree with you Jsefcik, its an american thing to do, offer prayers. When my friend mark died on december 5th people would tell me that he and his family would be in their prayers. So I understand.


Crowley, I fÜcking hate spiders as well... I was bitten by a fairly large one at one point, and have since hated them. My favorite way of killing the big ones is with an airsoft gun. Kinda like popping a zit, but its alive.

Jake, that's amazing. I wish I had your skills.

Oh and in relation to my dance, my dance studio is doing the ballet "Giselle" for our spring show, and I was cast as Hilarion, and in the Peasant Pas de duex (dance for 2) so I am pretty excited. 2 fairly big roles! And for 14 that's not bad at all. I will post a video of at least one of the parts after the show.
  • 0


warhead052
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: al-xg, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'