Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: Labtecpower » Sat May 04, 2013 2:09 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wuewZJvUsc[/youtube]

Train fire in Belgium, not too far from Brian the Brain.
The wagons on fire carried Acrylonitril, a few carried a Cyanide, and some others contained Butadiene.
According to the local authorities public health hasn't been at risk.

During the news break ambulances were carrying people away at a high rate..

Are we suposed to trust or governments or what? :roll:
  • 0

"ñøw mÿ šįg šüçkś!"
User avatar
Labtecpower
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 am
Location: Herb Island
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sat May 04, 2013 4:55 pm

I hope he is ok


ohh and speaking of trusting governments
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcxmAunB4Ck&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat May 04, 2013 5:34 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:ohh and speaking of trusting governments
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcxmAunB4Ck&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Ah I can't stand those people who post on facebook about how the guy with no legs is a former army soldier and how all these hand movements by people injured on the ground are actually signals for actors to fake all the injuries.

People can believe what they want about government involvement (although I think it's pretty ridiculous in this case) but there's no denying that two bombs exploded killing several and injuring many. If people want to refute that, I'm not sure how they are able to function in everyday life as they must be sceptical of even the most well-documented and scientifically sound facts.

If you're the government and want to fake a bombing, you wouldn't do it somewhere that is broadcast live on TV with thousands of witnesses that cannot be easily controlled. At a minimum, you have to control several hundred spectators, dozens of volunteers, dozens of uniformed officers/paramedics/whatever, dozens of hospital staff, and several news reporters and race officials. There's no way you can whip off fake legs and chuck on blown off ones in a matter of seconds whilst you're filmed on TV and surrounded by dozens of people; anyone working in SFX would roar with laughter at the suggestion.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sat May 04, 2013 6:15 pm

People can believe what they want about government involvement (although I think it's pretty ridiculous in this case) but there's no denying that two bombs exploded killing several and injuring many
False flag operations ever heard of them ? not sure if you're into history and stuff but there have been many cases of successful false flag operations

If people want to refute that, I'm not sure how they are able to function in everyday life as they must be sceptical of even the most well-documented and scientifically sound facts
and that's your argument against it?? I mean seriously it's the best argument in favour of not against it
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat May 04, 2013 6:27 pm

False flag operations ever heard of them ? not sure if you're into history and stuff but there have been many cases of successful false flag operations
Yeah I'm aware of those, that's how Hitler started the war with Poland IIRC.

and that's your argument against it?? I mean seriously it's the best argument in favour of not against it
How is it in favour of the idea? My point is that there is such over-whelming evidence that a bomb exploded that you may as well reject the theory of gravity, as well as every other scientific fact, as there is not enough evidence in the world to convince that person of anything. Gravity may just be an elaborate conspiracy by scientists and governments to stop people from realising that they can float the fцck away if only they knew it were possible :roll:

So what are the exact claims made by people who think the bombings are some conspiracy. In other words, what is real and what is fake (e.g. did a bomb go off, who are the actors (spectators/those killed/those injured/those giving aid), are the accused brothers in on it/had nothing to do with it/did it, is the US government involved and why, (if yes) who in the US government is involved, who in the FBI/CIA/Police is involved and why, etc.).

Once I know which claims we're dealing with we can look at the evidence for each claim. I'm always surprised by how many people are fooled in to believing conspiracies just because of the shear number of claims made, as if the number of claims is proportional to the amount of evidence supporting the theory.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm

How is it in favour of the idea? My point is that there is such over-whelming evidence that a bomb exploded that you may as well reject the theory of gravity, as well as every other scientific fact, as there is not enough evidence in the world to convince that person of anything.
the idea of false flag ops is that you do something yourself but claim it's done by someone else - it's not about pretending that it happened using FX effects duhhh
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
How is it in favour of the idea? My point is that there is such over-whelming evidence that a bomb exploded that you may as well reject the theory of gravity, as well as every other scientific fact, as there is not enough evidence in the world to convince that person of anything.
the idea of false flag ops is that you do something yourself but claim it's done by someone else - it's not about pretending that it happened using FX effects duhhh
I know, hence my example about Hitler and the invasion of Poland. Also the special effects claim is one of the conspiracy theories, it's not something I pulled out of my ass. Absurd isn't it? These people are idiots. There's a website documenting the frame by frame hand movements of injured people to other injured people apparently signalling various things such as "prosthetics are off", "leg stumps attached", "fake blood deployed", etc. One of the signals is a guy putting on or removing his sunglasses, another is the guy with no legs wailing his hand about in the air.

edit:
http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.c ... hink/41807

This is why I asked what specific claims are being made as everyone seems to have their own theory about what happened. Some think a bomb went off, some didn't. Such polarisation speaks volumes as to the credibility of these claims.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 am

MrCrowley wrote:If you're the government and want to fake a bombing, you wouldn't do it somewhere that is broadcast live on TV with thousands of witnesses that cannot be easily controlled. At a minimum, you have to control several hundred spectators, dozens of volunteers, dozens of uniformed officers/paramedics/whatever, dozens of hospital staff, and several news reporters and race officials. There's no way you can whip off fake legs and chuck on blown off ones in a matter of seconds whilst you're filmed on TV and surrounded by dozens of people; anyone working in SFX would roar with laughter at the suggestion.


These ridiculous ideas come from those who can't fathom that a government is capable of actually bombing its own citizens.

I'm with Hanlon, Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

South park was also pretty spot on: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep ... inal-deuce

On an other note, good on ya Aussie home gunsmiths :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GPPxGX8pdA[/youtube]

Image

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56030331/Expe ... G-P-a-Luty
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun May 05, 2013 5:59 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:These ridiculous ideas come from those who can't fathom that a government is capable of actually bombing its own citizens.
I appreciate the fact that a false flag bombing wouldn't be an impossible scenario but there's going to have to be some pretty substantial evidence to sway me. There's nothing about this bombing that seems overly suspicious and I can't fathom why a government false flag operation would be carried out in this manner. Knowledge of the imminent attack and purposefully ignoring it is another story.

The main problem with these conspiracy theories is that they are often very broad and very vague. The theory that the government had a role in the attack could literally fit the spectrum anywhere from a rogue CIA operative (or double agent) all the way to the president was involved and personally ordered the attack. Thus, evidence that may suggest minimal involvement of the 'government' in the attack (e.g. a double operative who worked in a government position) can be used (and often is used) to provide support for the theory that includes the possibility of presidential involvement.

Also, these theories usually rely on entirely circumstantial evidence; an assortment of hodgepodge facts that supposedly support the claim of a conspiracy when stated together. I remember an ex who argued she was suspicious of 9/11 because apparently some CCTV cameras on nearby buildings weren't working. I can think of a dozen reasons why they might not be (if that is indeed the case) yet not a single reason why they would implicate a conspiracy if they had been working.

This leads me on to my third and final grievance of conspiracy theories: the suggestion that the government (well, usually its the government implicated) is both extremely resourceful, intelligent, and meticulous yet at the same time misses obvious details or botches something up. If it can be proved that the government is both clever and stupid in a particular conspiracy theory, then that is fine. However, you cannot argue a point by saying "well, the government has the resources of the entire nation and the most brilliant minds to plan this operation for months right down to the smallest detail" and then argue another point with "well, obviously the government conspirators f*cked it up and forgot to delete all the CCTV footage".

On an other note, good on ya Aussie home gunsmiths

I would congratulate them also but I don't think these guns are being used for legitimate purposes :?
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 am

MrCrowley wrote:the suggestion that the government (well, usually its the government implicated) is both extremely resourceful, intelligent, and meticulous yet at the same time misses obvious details or botches something up.


That's pretty much the nub of it for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1ee7Q[/youtube]

I would congratulate them also but I don't think these guns are being used for legitimate purposes :?


I'm not applauding the fact that the law is being broken nor am I condoning any illegal activities involving these weapons. What I would congratulate them on though is proving that you cannot legislate against human ingenuity.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: jakethebeast » Mon May 06, 2013 1:54 am

Jakes new bloodhound :D Well, not yet, still need to wait for 3 weeks to get her as she´s only 5 weeks old

Image
  • 0

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
User avatar
jakethebeast
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Jakes cave
Country: Finland (fi)
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: evilvet » Mon May 06, 2013 1:58 am

Cheap CO2 for those who use it in Oz
http://www.velogear.com.au/bike-accesso ... nders.html
  • 0

User avatar
evilvet
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: velocity3x » Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

MrCrowley wrote: the suggestion that the government (well, usually its the government implicated) is both extremely resourceful, intelligent, and meticulous yet at the same time misses obvious details or botches something up. If it can be proved that the government is both clever and stupid in a particular conspiracy theory, then that is fine.


Well, of course the Govt. isn't cleaver AND stupid at the same time. The Govt. plays the cleaver part. The people play the stupid part.
  • 0

User avatar
velocity3x
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Have y'all seen this show the big brain theory? They just built the most pathetic 20,000$ spudgun I've ever seen, I thought these people were smart? :lol:
  • 0

I love lamp
User avatar
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jakethebeast » Thu May 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Been vaping for some time now and made a prototype "megabattery" :D Pushes out 4.2V and has 2400mAh capacity. Creates very nice and thick vapour, just what i was looking for.

Looks bit rough but hey, spend like 20mins making it :D

Image

Image

Case was made from piece of 25mm PVC pipe, 2x 12g shotgun shells and some heat shrink tubing, also used some epoxy putty to flush out that switch.
  • 0

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
User avatar
jakethebeast
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Jakes cave
Country: Finland (fi)
Reputation: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'