Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 49 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:59 pm

OK this is slightly inappropriate but I'll post it anyway since the thread is marked NSFW


When oculus rift came out it was obvious for me that this will happen sooner or late

What's scary is not what it is today but what it will become in the near future. I suspect that in the next 10-15 yrs we will have VR that's nearly indistinguishable from real life. Can you even imagine ramifications of that ??

One one hand, it's scary as f### (pun intended), but on the other... wouldn't that effectively end feminism (and totally ruin women's lives)??
  • 1

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 pm

... okay, I think the only possible response to that is to skip to 0:42 in this Brian Blessed video:

  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:What's scary is not what it is today but what it will become in the near future. I suspect that in the next 10-15 yrs we will have VR that's nearly indistinguishable from real life. Can you even imagine ramifications of that ??

One one hand, it's scary as f### (pun intended), but on the other... wouldn't that effectively end feminism (and totally ruin women's lives)??


I've said it before on this forum.

http://antifeministtech.blogspot.ca/200 ... wombs.html

Women somehow seem to think that they are the ones who will benefit from the advance of science.

Take a look at this recent horrific article from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24991843

Y chromosome: Why men contribute so little - accompanied by an illustration of a stereotypical overweight man watching television.

However, Prof Ward argues it "may be possible to eliminate the Y chromosome" if the role of these genes could be reproduced in a different way, but added a world without men would be "crazy" and "science fiction".


Counterpoint towards the end of the article:

"But it is important to bear in mind that other mouse Y genes are needed for natural reproduction in mice and as the authors carefully emphasize, the conclusions cannot be applied directly to humans because humans don't have a direct equivalent of one of the key genes."


Why then, the misandric presentation?

Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep.

Do not fu¢k with us.


Speaking of Fight Club, this is the point:

Writing in the Village Voice, Hillary Johnson claims that what drives Palahniuk's novel is what she calls "the emasculation of Western civilization." Citing a story in The Economist, Johnson writes of the "imminent large-scale social and economic obsolescence of the male of the species. Men are failing at work, at school and in families, in theory because the modern knowledge and skill-oriented world is basically testosterone-intolerant. While men's strength and aggression were useful in establishing the modern world, they're an impediment to its smooth day-to-day operation, a task better suited to the instincts and behaviors of females."


Rough men are still the ones who gather and move the resources that keep the modern world going, I don't get how women seem to think this will continue if they were to suddenly disappear.

edit: also, awesome video game themed stained glass
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24991843


A terrific example of science taken way out of context. For instance, this tagline:

Scientists have practically obliterated the ultimate symbol of maleness in DNA, the Y chromosome, and believe they may be able to do away with it completely.


Is a horrible way of saying:

Scientists have show that a specimen with a modified Y chromosome could theoretically reproduce with only two functioning genes.


The implications of which are pretty positive from the viewpoint of gene therapy or currently infertile males who want to father children.

I also love this aside:

DNA is bundled into chromosomes.

In most mammals, including humans, one pair act as the sex chromosomes.

Inherit an X and Y from your parents and you turn out male, get a pair of Xs and the result is female.


...and can picture a 22 year old journalism intern creating a summary from wikipedia for the author to copy paste into a supposedly authoritative health and science column. Not even a mention of some of the syndromes the research they're reporting on would help. :P
  • 0

User avatar
mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:18 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 21

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:17 am

Indeed - yet this sort of drivel is allowed to be published on the national British media outlet, which is funded by taxpayers.

Bill Burr summed it up pretty nicely, "Women are constantly patting themselves on the back for how difficult their lives are and no one corrects them because they want to f*** ‘em."

If a sufficiently realistic sex-bot is manufactured (come on Japan! lol), there will be no reason to tolerate and pander to women. This could be a better solution to end war and overpopulation than any other single device. I imagine a similar device for women could also be developed, no need them to leave them out of progress.

I wonder if the future lies in androids like Kara or plug-and-play Matrixesque virtual realities.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 am

Women somehow seem to think that they are the ones who will benefit from the advance of science.
Because they usually benefit from science, not men. Just think of DNA testing - can't believe it isn't mandatory right after birth

EDIT
ohh and totally unrelated but just got one of these (plus a bunch of other parts)->
http://elektromaniak.pl/wyswietl-katego ... mp085.html
Less than $10 each so pretty much disposable

Damn you read the datasheet and know it's very accurate, but still makes you surprised when you test it and see that it gives your current height almost perfectly - I get 156.25 meters, withy minor variations +/- 0.25. Google height map says it should be 152 m above sea level but I am on the first floor right now so everything is perfectly ok.

EDit
#2
lol engrish
  • 0

Last edited by POLAND_SPUD on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:56 am

  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:39 am

I should point out that I am a feminist.

However, to be blunt, I'm not happy to take that discussion further. I think we'd probably all end up thinking a lot less of each other in the process, which would just undermine the discussions we actually came here to have - how best to accelerate things at other things.

I make a similar point of not talking politics or religion with my wargaming groups, because it'd be one hell of a fast way of making those gaming sessions fall apart (and probably permanently). Although probably not as fast or permanently as playing Monopoly would.

So, to go to a safer off-topic, have one of my videos of a full-auto self contained pneumatic climbing a hill instead (the ascent proper starts at 5:20 in):

Call me weird if you will, but the soundtrack of a mid-power GWR locomotive coming out of a speed restriction and accelerating up a mile and a half gradient isn't half bad.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:43 pm

You missed a lot of gender-based debate on these hallowed pages if you feel like trawling through this topic :D MrC was mostly on the side of the ­"fairer" sex but if anyone else supported his views they preferred to remain silent.

However, to be blunt, I'm not happy to take that discussion further. I think we'd probably all end up thinking a lot less of each other in the process, which would just undermine the discussions we actually came here to have - how best to accelerate things at other things.


Frankly, it's a topic I'm tired of discussing myself, though the amount of times I've said that you'd think I was lying.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:23 pm


Just had to show this. The sensor can supposedly withstand pressures of up to 10 bar - seems enough for most launchers.

Altitude is higher than I wrote earlier - realized that pressure values (normalized to sea level) from a local weather station were not perfectly consistent with what I was getting (so converting absolute pressure I got to what it would be like at sea level). Took me a while to work out that altitude values provided by google are slightly off. Used GPS data instead and now everything adds up.

ohh and excuse the dirty breadboard - lent my newer ones to a friend
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:if you feel like trawling through this topic

Hmm, let's see how long this topic is...

...

:shock:

Image

Frankly, it's a topic I'm tired of discussing myself, though the amount of times I've said that you'd think I was lying.

Well, it's certainly also a discussion that I'm rather over-familiar with as well.

Still, I have had the question in my head. So, without addressing the rights or wrongs of feminism...

... I strongly doubt that VR sex is going to mean the end of the movement. There's already plenty of ways to achieve degrees of sexual fulfilment without needing a long term relationship. A few more (initially expensive, of imperfect quality and probably also loaded with social stigma) aren't suddenly going to make men suddenly not want the "real thing".
And that's working on the assumption that any man agreeing with feminism is only ever doing it to get sex - which isn't the case.

Technology will almost certainly allow those men who wish to go their separate ways to do so (although when is another question) but this particular innovation isn't likely to kill feminism in a hurry.

Anyway, I think that's enough charged discussion for now.

Back to thinking about trains...

...

...I like trains.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

sexual fulfilment without needing a long term relationship
It has already been concluded that the demise of LTRs, marriage and related constructs means less sex for betas and more for alphas. So your point is not valid.

And that's working on the assumption that any man agreeing with feminism is only ever doing it to get sex - which isn't the case.
Some men just want to watch the world burn :D
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:55 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:So your point is not valid.

Then what is your point?

To rephrase what I said in much cruder terms: People wank. A wanking machine is not going to stop men wanting to stick their dingaling in women. Men will still have relationships with women, and for reasons other than just getting tossed off.
So, unless you can present a rather convincing explanation of how an expensive wanking machine is going to make a difference, I can't see how the technology is going to make any significant dent.

In fact, it's potentially even a good thing for feminism. If all the men who don't want to deal with feminists all go and hook up with virtual women, then the real women are only ever going to end up in relationships with the men who'll agree with feminism - something that may allow it to advance faster.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
POLAND_SPUD wrote:So your point is not valid.

Then what is your point?

To rephrase what I said in much cruder terms: People wank. A wanking machine is not going to stop men wanting to stick their dingaling in women. Men will still have relationships with women, and for reasons other than just getting tossed off.
So, unless you can present a rather convincing explanation of how an expensive wanking machine is going to make a difference, I can't see how the technology is going to make any significant dent.

In fact, it's potentially even a good thing for feminism. If all the men who don't want to deal with feminists all go and hook up with virtual women, then the real women are only ever going to end up in relationships with the men who'll agree with feminism - something that may allow it to advance faster.

My point is that as it gets better and better up to a point where you can hardly tell it isn't real there is almost no difference between that and real life. Your reality is your perception - if you can't tell the difference there's no difference. Since it will pretty much let even the ugliest people get anyone they want I am certain what will happen.

I see it as a serious issue given how it sort of happens now in Japan. People retreat from normal social interactions and life to live their fantasy life and whatnot. Why do we even mention japan - most of ppl my age or younger spend more time on FB than with friends.

You're like naah they won't go for it, but that's naive IMHO. People really don't mind deluding themselves if it can make them feel better - plastic surgery, photoshoped pics, substance abuse whatever - the list goes on.


In fact, it's potentially even a good thing for feminism. If all the men who don't want to deal with feminists all go and hook up with virtual women, then the real women are only ever going to end up in relationships with the men who'll agree with feminism - something that may allow it to advance faster.
Facepalm

I feel sorry for you. I mean given your views and so on.
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Re: "Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 pm

F*** it, I'm feeling confrontational :)

People wank. A wanking machine is not going to stop men wanting to stick their dingaling in women.


A wanking machine that looks like a Heath Robinson device, maybe not. A VR experience or realistic android that is indistinguishable from sticking your dingaling in a woman, that's another story.

It would be an obscene generalisation to say that all men who have relationships with women do it purely for sex.

However, imagine a realistic VR engine that would allow you to have sex with any woman (or man, kitten, owl, fax machine, whatever) you wanted, and it would feel as real as it could. You know when sometimes you have dreams that are so realistic that you find it hard to believe they weren't real? That level of real. With access to that, who would put up with a woman's issues then?

Social stigma? Who the hell would care about shaming language if they could stick their dingaling in anything?

More importantly, why would men share their wealth and resources with women? In the United States, women earn less than men but spend much more. With no compulsion to marry or cohabit, or the risk of accidentally impregnating a woman, there would be no legal basis to transfer a man's wealth to a woman.

In fact, it's potentially even a good thing for feminism. If all the men who don't want to deal with feminists all go and hook up with virtual women, then the real women are only ever going to end up in relationships with the men who'll agree with feminism - something that may allow it to advance faster
.

I shudder to think what this woman-effeminate man society would look like, and wonder how long it would last.

edit: what POLAND said, but in a slightly more articulate manner :)
  • 1

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'