Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jackreacher, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Another Thingy Invention

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Another Thingy Invention

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:13 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP21wqv0ia0[/youtube]

Perhaps the E-Z Reach can save many lives and prevent falling injuries.

I had a 5 year old bring down a smoke detector from a 14 foot ceiling.

There will be many falls tonight.

In addition there are numerous non-functioning smoke alarms due to dea batteries, or as with Larry David, destroyed on purpose.
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: velocity3x » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:17 am

Larry David should have purchased one of these as It's already invented.
Image
  • 0

User avatar
velocity3x
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

velocity3x wrote:Larry David should have purchased one of these as It's already invented.
Image



How does a light bulb changer remove a hard wired smoke detector (plug and all) from its mount in order to change the batteries or to replace the detector itself?

Are you so easily convinced that a light bulb that screws into a socket and a smoke detector that is screwed and wire nutted into the electrical ceiling box are the same just because they are both on the ceiling?

You are naive to say the least.

Awaiting an apology.
  • 0

Last edited by boyntonstu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

whoa now boyn.... thats uncalled for.

I think its great that you have all these inventions, but you get so cocky about them sometimes it pisses me off. You think just because you invented it its perfect.

Not everyone will agree with you all the time, so just learn to deal with it...
  • 0

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: velocity3x » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

boyntonstu wrote:Awaiting an apology.


Seriously?
  • 0

User avatar
velocity3x
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: Labtecpower » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Just stop flooding the forum with your inventions. If you didn't sound like your inventions were perfect, I might have liked them!

How much of your "thingies" are actually commercially produced?
  • 0

"ñøw mÿ šįg šüçkś!"
User avatar
Labtecpower
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 am
Location: Herb Island
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 pm

velocity3x wrote:
boyntonstu wrote:Awaiting an apology.


Seriously?


Anyone who would go to the effort to find something as silly as a light bulb changer as a response to a life saving invention is not to be taken seriously. Seriously.

If he had any doubts about E-Z Reach compared to a bulb changer; a question would have been in order.

If you do not like what I post, please block me or just ignore me.
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:50 pm

The ability to remove one's smoke detector in a timely manner will not save a life. Anyone who really needs to change the battery or batteries of a smoke detector and also happens to have vaulted ceilings certainly has enough time from when it indicates the battery is low to loss of function to contact somebody able to go up on a ladder and change it for them. I think your assertion that you've invented a life-saving device is rather silly. You certainly helped out a friend, but now you're trying to claim something that's not true.

Considering I saw that video already, and a while ago, I'd say the purpose of this thread is to try to re-inflate your deflating ego.

This is what a real invention looks like.
  • 0

User avatar
saefroch
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.- See Map
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: velocity3x » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 pm

boyntonstu wrote:
velocity3x wrote:


Oh Stu......Please don't be upset with me. Perhaps Midol and a nice hot cup of Chamomile Tea will soothe your sensitive, inventor type feelings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • 0

User avatar
velocity3x
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:10 pm

saefroch wrote:The ability to remove one's smoke detector in a timely manner will not save a life. Anyone who really needs to change the battery or batteries of a smoke detector and also happens to have vaulted ceilings certainly has enough time from when it indicates the battery is low to loss of function to contact somebody able to go up on a ladder and change it for them. I think your assertion that you've invented a life-saving device is rather silly. You certainly helped out a friend, but now you're trying to claim something that's not true.

Considering I saw that video already, and a while ago, I'd say the purpose of this thread is to try to re-inflate your deflating ego.

This is what a real invention looks like.


Since you know nothing about the subject at hand, your comment is expected.

Do you know how many smoke detectors have been removed because the low battery beep pissed off the owner to the point of removing them?

Do you know how many people have fallen down and injured or killed themselves attempting to silence their detectors?

What have you invented?
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Labtecpower wrote:Just stop flooding the forum with your inventions. If you didn't sound like your inventions were perfect, I might have liked them!

How much of your "thingies" are actually commercially produced?


Enough to replace my red 2009 Avatar with a black 2010 model.

(2011 coming soon).
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I know this is all non-spudgun related, but its getting to the point where you're basically self-advertising yourself on these forums.

Stop it. This is a forum to enjoy spudguns and some other off topic things, not a place for self-promoting and getting pissed off when people dont agree with you.
  • 0

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:45 pm

JDP12 wrote:I know this is all non-spudgun related, but its getting to the point where you're basically self-advertising yourself on these forums.

Stop it. This is a forum to enjoy spudguns and some other off topic things, not a place for self-promoting and getting pissed off when people dont agree with you.


Is it your self-appointed position is to moderate these forums?
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:53 pm

No, but I'm not moderating... I'm making a suggestion. If i was moderating, I'd send you a PM and probably lock your posts. Clearly, your posts are annoying people, so I'm giving you a warning, before other members get the mods involved in all of this. i'm not moderating the forum at all... your argument is incorrect.
  • 0

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

JDP12 wrote:No, but I'm not moderating... I'm making a suggestion. If i was moderating, I'd send you a PM and probably lock your posts. Clearly, your posts are annoying people, so I'm giving you a warning, before other members get the mods involved in all of this. i'm not moderating the forum at all... your argument is incorrect.


In your opinion was the OP appropriate?
  • 0

User avatar
boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 am
Reputation: 0

Next

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jackreacher, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'