Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 18 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], POLAND_SPUD, Terramoto based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Made a wooden moai statue

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Made a wooden moai statue

Unread postAuthor: iloveairguns » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Ok, I made a Moai statue of alder wood, if you don't know what a moai is, they are monolithic statues depicting faces, made of volcanic rock, in the Easter island, Below's the one made by me. If you don't know what they look like, just google moai, they are beautifully carved and fascinating. The pic is not the best IMO, as the cam flash ruined it a little bit, I may post more pics, Aaaand tell me whaddaya think of course

IMO the wood grain looks really beautiful, the waves are amazing :) , and my cam is not the best, nokia e72 camera :D

Attachments
rsz_moai.jpg
Last edited by jrrdw on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
As the Epoxy-prospector wanted to find the secret new epoxy, produced by the alias JSR, he traveled to the Batcave and got nearly shot by a Gun Freak, He ran and startled the bats, which attacked the Gun Freak, Then the prospector didn't find what he expected, he growled to himself: Jrrdw....
iloveairguns
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Made a wooden moai statue

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Nice! How big is it?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: iloveairguns » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:08 pm

about 20 centimeters tall, width approx. 8 cm and length also 8 cm about. Stained with mahogany color, the cam flash brightened the colors and it looks much different in room lighting, also gonna make a second one :)

As the Epoxy-prospector wanted to find the secret new epoxy, produced by the alias JSR, he traveled to the Batcave and got nearly shot by a Gun Freak, He ran and startled the bats, which attacked the Gun Freak, Then the prospector didn't find what he expected, he growled to himself: Jrrdw....
iloveairguns
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Pretty cool! What did you use to carve it?

One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball CannonM16 BBMGBig DuallyBreak Barrel Repeating ShotgunPengunHammer Valve Airsoft Sniper
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:06 am

How does it fire, at what pressure are you shooting?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: iloveairguns » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 am

First I used a bandsaw to cut the shape (when you look from the sides ofc), then a belt sander to smooth the edges, and the brows, then a chisel to carve the lips, smoothed it til ready for staining, stained it, then varnished it, and ready. The nose is a separate piece btw. It's a gorgeous decoration on the living room table. It shoots lasers out of its eyes :roll:

iloveairguns
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:29 am

iloveairguns wrote:It shoots lasers out of its eyes :roll:

Joking aside, that would really freak someone out if used in conjunction with a proximity sensor...

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: iloveairguns » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 am

Hmm, you gave me an idea, if a burglar enters the house, then my laser-shooting statue would effectively scare them out! :)

iloveairguns
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

iloveairguns wrote:Hmm, you gave me an idea, if a burglar enters the house, then my laser-shooting statue would effectively scare them out! :)

Or cut them in half! :twisted:

Nice new forum, thanks PCGUY!
Labtecpower is my microwave hero!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: iloveairguns » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:57 am

Hmm I could try making a photoshop image of it shooting the lasers. Also I've got images of the statue when it wasn't stained yet AAAND pics of it when stained, but not varnished. And I've taken some better pics of it now, will post them

About the laser cannon system, the moai is hollow, inside it is a powerpack that recharges itself when the laser firing is ceased. It uses nanobot technology, though I'm not allowed to reveal the technology...you sure would wanna have a laser gun, don't ya? :lol: Here's a pic without the annoying flash:

Attachments
Kuva248.jpg
Last edited by jrrdw on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posting.
iloveairguns
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion