Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The Official: "Things that piss you off" Thread!!

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: CasinoVanart » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 am

What pisses me off is when you send someone a Hybrid and they jam the threads trying to get the union off :D
  • 0

User avatar
CasinoVanart
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 am

eh bit of filing the rough edges good as new...maybe even better lol
  • 0

Image
Aussie spudders unite!!
User avatar
Carlman
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 am
Location: Western Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: trollhameran » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Getting the tip of my middle finger caught between a falling (fell about 5") four jaw chuck and the lathe bed.


Lol gippeto, you should try getting your finger stuck in the chuck when its moving, now that is pain :cry:
  • 0

User avatar
trollhameran
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:41 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Things that piss me off.

Gaming console arguments.
Religion arguments (actually I laughed when i read page 6 and 7)
People who think they know everything.
Rap
Country
Jerks who are jerks just because they like to piss other people off
People who criticize you because of your opinion

And I forget who said this, but I remember that someone mentioned that they don't believe in god, but unless someone shows them proof, then they will accept god. If I may I would like to second that. And whoever started the argument about how there was no evolution and there was only god, all I have to say is, wow.....
  • 0

"Dude, if all of the people on spudfiles got together with all of their cannons, we could take over china"
User avatar
Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:53 am
Location: United States
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:47 pm

trollhameran wrote:
Getting the tip of my middle finger caught between a falling (fell about 5") four jaw chuck and the lathe bed.


Lol gippeto, you should try getting your finger stuck in the chuck when its moving, now that is pain :cry:


No thank you. Call me crazy, but I actually LIKE having all my digits. :)

My fingers etc. get kept well away from running, or potentially running (plugged in) power tools. (I figured this out when my grandfather lost his finger, long ago. Cut off at the first knuckle, not re-attached. :cry: )

Yours should be kept clear too.
  • 0

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
User avatar
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:14 am
Location: The Great White North...Canada eh!
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Religion arguments


And yet, there you are trying to restart that very argument... :roll:

Now, on a more serious note, a pointless longwinded rant which you have absolutely no reason to give a damn about (isn't that the purpose of this topic?): Today, I ran into a fine example of what most people would call a "soccer mom". There are few things that will cause me to lose my cool, but a few minutes interaction with one of those despicable critters will do the job just fine.

She seemed to have trouble understanding my complete lack of respect for her, and resorted to circular logic, unreasonable assumptions, and blunt threats in response. She actually actually attempted to get the police involved :lol:. I have three main ways of interacting with the majority of people (those who I perceive as like minds/friends, or equals always get the same treatment regardless of age), and those are: adult, peer, and child. For some reason, I found that despite constant attempts at correction, I was interacting with her as I would with a child - a particularly dimwitted and annoying one at that.

In the end, I told her to f*ck off, that she would gain my respect when she damned well earned it, and that it would be very unhealthy to dispute with me any further. Very uncommon mannerisms for me, as I have managed to moderate my behaviour to a great extent over the past years. She seemed to get the message, and left immediately. With no knowledge of who I was (or of anything else, for that matter :P), I wasn't at any risk, but it still angers me that I could react like that. I suppose it's something about the mind of a 12 year old embedded in the body of an adult that throws me off.

Anyway... the night's entertainment was ruined, as the risk of a visit from our friendly local law enforcement professionals was too great to continue with our plans. My official position is to not kill anyone that I don't absolutely have to, and it's really quite sad how often I have to remind myself of that. To wrap it all up, people are scum, and it's often nice to be able to come to this and similar communities and see the reminder that there really are other sane humans out there somewhere.

Long live SF and RS!!! :headbang:
  • 0

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
User avatar
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: The People's Republic of Canuckistan
Country: Turks and Caicos Islands (tc)
Reputation: 9

Unread postAuthor: Pilgrimman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 am

To wrap it all up, people are scum


Seconded.
  • 0

Yeah, we wouldn't want to anger the bees, now would we??

I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES!

LMAO Classic!!!! I love Family Guy!
User avatar
Pilgrimman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: Hydra » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:25 am

Lol i hate basically everything that darkside 6ix hates
But i really hate those people who are fully obsessed with global warming and saving the trees (etc) and go around the place yelling it out everywhere.
No one listens, i know, because im one of them. They should shut up and ACTUALLY save the trees or whatever they are saying.
  • 0

User avatar
Hydra
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 am

Darkside 6ix wrote:Religion arguments (actually I laughed when i read page 6 and 7)

I'd like to keep this from breaking out, but I have a couple of questions I'd very much like answered.
Let's start with this one: "How many scientific theories can you name that religions try to debunk, disprove or don't believe in?"

Well, I'll try to answer this one myself to begin with. Obviously, evolution...now...erm...um...No, that's not one either...what about? Nope...maybe? Blast...Wait! I know...hang on, no I don't.

Well, basically, as far as I can tell, evolution is pretty much a comprehensive list.
Now, could someone answer me the question why, of all the scientific theories out there, why evolution is the only one that is flawed to the extent that it deserves this treatment?

Bear in mind, I'm not asking about the start of life or the universe, so don't quote me the old "watch that made itself argument" - I'm just asking why you don't believe that genes change over time as a result of selection pressures.
(I know my jeans change over time due to selection pressures... they get muddy, so I choose a different pair! :p)

And please keep it civil, I'm just interested to find out your point of view, not start an argument.

DYI wrote:My official position is to not kill anyone that I don't absolutely have to, and it's really quite sad how often I have to remind myself of that.

My official position is to have a plan to kill everyone I meet. I don't always use it, but it's worth having one all the same. :D

To wrap it all up, people are scum, and it's often nice to be able to come to this and similar communities and see the reminder that there really are other sane humans out there somewhere.

Wait, you're considering Spudfiles proof of sane people out there? :lol:

;)
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 am

I'm catholic and I believe in evolution. Seriously, I still can't find a threat to my faith or other's in the "theory" (actually it's more of a law these days... you don't really see biology classes covering spontaneous generation anymore, do you?). I can come to peace with the facts that, yes, the world is around 4.5 billion years old, yes, we did evolve from very primitive origins, yes, we will continue to evolve as increasing pressures are applied. None of this really contradicts my interpretation of the scripture.

BTW, you can go ahead and refer to "Christianity" in your post. Religion is too broad a term... there are plenty of religions who debunk a hell of a lot more than evolution. :wink:
  • 0

User avatar
mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:18 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 21

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:28 am

markfh11q wrote:BTW, you can go ahead and refer to "Christianity" in your post. Religion is too broad a term... there are plenty of religions who debunk a hell of a lot more than evolution. :wink:

I'm not being totally specific to Christians, but if you want... :roll:

My point was that few people will doubt the "theory" of gravity, seldom do you see a religious figure arguing that quantum mechanics is totally false (and actually, science knows quantum mechanics to be flawed) - but for some reason, evolution seems to get many people riled up.

I just can't get it - it's all logical, well set out and actually more solidly proven than the laws of gravity (where we're still uncertain about some of the fine points), so is it what means that people try and ignore it?
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Unread postAuthor: Sticky_Tape » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 am

I just don't believe in god just because I don't. Simple as that. I don't believe in heaven or hell just because I don't. Simple as that.
What really pisses me off is people who try to forse their religeon on me.
People who are over religeous and don't shut up about god or jesus christ.
BTW DYI could you tell us more about the conversation? I know it's none of my bussiness but I am guessing alot of us are curious.
  • 0

You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
User avatar
Sticky_Tape
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:55 pm

I just went on a 80mile hike in New Mexico, at the Philmont Scout Ranch, really famous place and my scout troop has been trying to get in for years. Anyway I found some things that really annoy me in backpacking that are specific to me:
1. People complain about going downhill, seriously it's suppose to be easier, people especially older people complain that it hurt's their knees, others complain that I go too fast and I'm going to get killed, all you gotta do is loosen your legs and let gravity take a little more control and focus on the steps you are taking and going to take, my legs (and morale) would hurt to if I didn't loosen up and speed up
2. switchbacks, at the end of my hike we went down a 3 mile switchback trail, but the trail was so long and the decent was so slow, it felt like a 5% average grain and at points the switchbacks turned back uphill and I couldn't bushwhack or trail blaze because of leave no trace rules, to see you destination so many times and realize how slow you are progressing is killer on your morale

Oh and some so called camping necessities that I don't believe in
flashlights: they are nice for meticulous task but people act like they are necessary for walking, your eyes can adapt with low light but you kill you nightvison when you turn on your flashlight. If you adapt your eyes it is better than using a flashlight since the flashlight only covers objects within its everything outside of that contrasts with the light to make it darker
Nalgene bottles: why do so many people have them, whats the point, water bottles hardly break as it is. I use plastic soda bottles and water bottles, I've never had one break accidentally and they are so cheap and they are even less likely to leak then Nalgenes. I don't care if they last long any water bottle can last long, Nalgenes are heavier, and the rigidity makes Nalgenes more brittle, and it is pointless because it's protecting a stable liquid cargo. If you still think rigidity makes a studier container for water then compared a Nalgene to a soda bottle, which makes a better use of plastic?
Boots: I wear them for cold temperatures, but I don't get hiking boots, the so called "ankle support" is another word for ankle restriction. Even worse it takes a long time to break into, most sneakers I don't even have to break into, for this trip I took a cheap pair of trail runners, their not made to last with a pack but they are still in good condition, except for the smell

Ragnarok wrote:
markfh11q wrote:I just can't get it - it's all logical, well set out and actually more solidly proven than the laws of gravity (where we're still uncertain about some of the fine points), so is it what means that people try and ignore it?

well I'm a creationist, and If your talking about evolution as the mere concept of natural selection and adaptation, of course I and other creationist believe that, Natural selection is indisputable, an I believe that shout remain in school curriculum, but I and other creationist refuse to believe the theory of evolution as the source of all life, at one point in my life I thought I had to accept that all species evolved for primitive lifeforms, I didn't realize to ti was disputable, I was taught the evolution theory of life as if it were indisputable fact, and I don't think it is right for kids to be taught the same way I was
  • 0

Last edited by iknowmy3tables on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:29 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:Nalgene bottles: why do so many people have them, whats the point, water bottles hardly break as it is. I use plastic soda bottles and water bottles, I've never had one break accidentally and they are so cheap and they are even less likely to leak then Nalgenes. I don't care if they last long any water bottle can last long, Nalgenes are heavier, and the rigidity makes Nalgenes more brittle, and it is pointless because it's protecting a stable liquid cargo. If you still think rigidity makes a studier container for water then compared a Nalgene to a soda bottle, which makes a better use of plastic?


Strength not rigidity. I love my Nalgene bottle. I can cut your soda bottle with one slash of a utility knife. Or by dropping it on a sharp rock. I can (and have, repeatedly) dropped a full Nalgene from 25 feet onto asphalt. Brittle? No. I (accidentally) drove over one of them. It deformed the bottle but it did not break. They don't die easily.
  • 0

Stupid quote of the now:
joestue "The chamber is rated to 100 psi, it don't say that on the side, but the 2 inch stuff is rated to 300, so by analogy..."
"only the last two feet hear the end is black cellular core"
"I'm taking it to 300 psi"
User avatar
SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:33 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:I just went on a 80mile hike in New Mexico, at the Philmont Scout Ranch, really famous place and my scout troop has been trying to get in for years. Anyway I found some things that really annoy me in backpacking that are specific to me:
1. People complain about going downhill, seriously it's suppose to be easier, people especially older people complain that it hurt's their knees, others complain that I go too fast and I'm going to get killed, all you gotta do is loosen your legs and let gravity take a little more control and focus on the steps you are taking and going to take, my legs (and morale) would hurt to if I didn't loosen up and speed up
2. switchbacks, at the end of my hike we went down a 3 mile switchback trail, but the trail was so long and the decent was so slow, it felt like a 5% average grain and at points the switchbacks turned back uphill and I couldn't bushwhack or trail blaze because of leave no trace rules, to see you destination so many times and realize how slow you are progressing is killer on your morale

Oh and some so called camping necessities that I don't believe in
flashlights: they are nice for meticulous task but people act like they are necessary for walking, your eyes can adapt with low light but you kill you nightvison when you turn on your flashlight. If you adapt your eyes it is better than using a flashlight since the flashlight only covers objects within its everything outside of that contrasts with the light to make it darker
Nalgene bottles: why do so many people have them, whats the point, water bottles hardly break as it is. I use plastic soda bottles and water bottles, I've never had one break accidentally and they are so cheap and they are even less likely to leak then Nalgenes. I don't care if they last long any water bottle can last long, Nalgenes are heavier, and the rigidity makes Nalgenes more brittle, and it is pointless because it's protecting a stable liquid cargo. If you still think rigidity makes a studier container for water then compared a Nalgene to a soda bottle, which makes a better use of plastic?
Boots: I wear them for cold temperatures, but I don't get hiking boots, the so called "ankle support" is another word for ankle restriction. Even worse it takes a long time to break into, most sneakers I don't even have to break into, for this trip I took a cheap pair of trail runners, their not made to last with a pack but they are still in good condition, except for the smell


Your a scout?? Im in venturers, 1st Padbury Vent Unit!

Agree with everything you said man, sneakers are the best for hiking!

Must admit i have a camel pack inbuilt iinto my bag though.

You going to any world jamborees?
  • 0

Image
Aussie spudders unite!!
User avatar
Carlman
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 am
Location: Western Australia
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'