Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The Official: "Things that piss you off" Thread!!

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: Intel Xeon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:51 am

There is no concrete evidence that either religion (no, not theory) is true.

However, evolution is based on lies.

There have been no 'missing link' discoveries, nor have the evolutionists found a geologic column.

Records of the element polonium-214 have been found in crystalline granite. The half life of polonium-214 is .00016 seconds. to record this element, the granite must have crystallized almost instantaneously. Disproving the theory that granite takes 300 million years to form.

Equine evolution was proved false some 160 years ago.

'Vestigial' body parts have a purpose. That hip-bone in whales? useful during sex.

Yes, embryos look similar, but that does not mean you were a fish.

The number of chromosomes does not make the animal.

"Lucy" exhibits all over the friggin' world have had human feet and bones from other primates added to them to support evolution. Lucy had only 40 percent of bones recovered.

The earth could not have existed for billions of years, for only 20,000 years ago, the earth's magnetic field would have been that of a moderate magnetic star, far too strong for life's necessities to form.

There was a human-made hammer found in cretaceous rock.

A single living cell is ridiculously complex. the chance of this forming merely by chance is 1 in 10^4,478,296
  • 0


Intel Xeon
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Philly, PA. (home's in Worcester,MA)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:06 am

*Cough*bollocs*Cough*
  • 0

Image

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Intel Xeon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:13 am

@ spanerman

Image
EDIT1:Find some proof for one animal producing a different one
EDIT2:I challenge you to find ONE valid missing link.
  • 0

Last edited by Intel Xeon on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Intel Xeon
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Philly, PA. (home's in Worcester,MA)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:15 am

im not goin to reply to that...you just voided your entire argument with the use of one picture......iff there is a god why is there evil in the world? why ar children born with downs? iff there is a god hes seems pretty crap to me...
  • 0

Image

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:18 am

um, the o rly? owl is dead. let it rest in peace.
  • 0

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
User avatar
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Intel Xeon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:26 am

the owl transcends death. As to your 'God is Bullshit, and why is there evil' argument, am I a philosopher? I am merely a college sophmore majoring in business, laying down some facts. According to your little so called theory, you are the god of your own universe. According to your rules, I could kill you, and the human race would move on, and your death would not affect us. Neither would mine. This whole argument is pointless, and I regret posting those things.

I hate these atheist vs. theist arguments. Case closed, move on
  • 0


Intel Xeon
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Philly, PA. (home's in Worcester,MA)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:46 am

Gepard wrote:Neither of those is solid concrete evidence that God exists- and there isn't any, it doesn't exist. They're just theories that use bits of information to support them That guy would not stand there for 50mins lecturing people and putting forward a debate if there was evidence.

You also can't say that just because something is extremely complex it must have been created by God. That shows you are extremely naive and narrow minded. I'm not saying that the Big Bang happened I'm not saying God made the world - the only thing I'm saying is that parts of the bible aren't watertight and for something is supposed to be 'perfect' it doesn't make sense. I'm not opposed to Christianity - hell some of my favourite bands are Switchfoot, Newsboys and Casting Crowns.

The bottom line is that there is no evidence to suggest either theory. The Bible can be interpreted many ways and even used to contradict itself. This argument is the oldest one going and it still wouldn't be going if their was scientific proof that to support either theory.

Now please feel free to tell me I'm wrong but I will say no more on this subject.

Michael

That is exactly the way that it is supposed to be, The bible says that we are saved by grace through FAITH alone. Faith is believing in something that you can't see.
  • 0

User avatar
potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Maryland
Reputation: 1

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:00 am

sooo.... im pretty sure that everyone is mad at each other right about now....
everyone right now print out this cool dragon and fold it up. it looks like its following you hehehe
http://www.grand-illusions.com/images/articles/opticalillusions/dragon_illusion/dragon.pdf
video of what it looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzsOo83gTc
  • 0

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
User avatar
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 am
Location: NY
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:10 am

I just made him... flipping awesome! I think Im bored...
  • 0

really good quote/phrase here
User avatar
spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Cape town south africa
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:29 am

Intel Xeon wrote:<snip>
I hate these atheist vs. theist arguments. Case closed, move on


That shows you've really quite an immature attitude. Just 'cos an argument (an argument that you dragged up) doesn't go right you can't throw a tantrum and can't expect to get the last say and then everyone else to move on - it ain't gonna happen. If you want to end an argument you should always let others have the last say....

Also in future I suggest that when you choose to enter a mature discussion you argue your point in more of a continuous prose style rather than discrete phrases that sound disjointed. One minute your talking about "Equine evolution" then you start talking about the hip bone in two whales that are getting it on - wtf? :lol:

I haven't a clue what your trying to say but it sounds like you'd have a pretty good argument if you just reworded it.


And just to clarify PotatoFlinger, I quoted the Bible on page 63 - 9th reply down - that said exactly what you just said and you said:

potatoflinger wrote:
ProfessorAmadeus wrote:I know That i might be wrong but is there any proof of god?

There is lots of proof, you just have to look for it.


I've never said there was proof, never have and never will, you said there was proof and I asked you to show it.

As I said - for the creation vs evolution argument, I'm saying no more on it.

Michael
  • 0


Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:30 am

lukemc wrote:sooo.... im pretty sure that everyone is mad at each other right about now....
everyone right now print out this cool dragon and fold it up. it looks like its following you hehehe
http://www.grand-illusions.com/images/articles/opticalillusions/dragon_illusion/dragon.pdf
video of what it looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzsOo83gTc

They are pissed off because they know that I am right, so now they are going to make posts about being pissed off that I am right. :lol:
  • 0

User avatar
potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Maryland
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 am

Yes PotatoFlinger your right.....but it's sad that it's taken you three pages to finally agree with me despite having a direct quote of the Holy Book that you cling to....

Michael
  • 0


Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:35 am

Gepard wrote:
Intel Xeon wrote:<snip>
I hate these atheist vs. theist arguments. Case closed, move on


That shows you've really quite an immature attitude. Just 'cos an argument (an argument that you dragged up) doesn't go right you can't throw a tantrum and can't expect to get the last say and then everyone else to move on...



so hes being immature for ending a pointless conversation?

Gepard wrote:As I said - for the creation vs evolution argument, I'm saying no more on it.

Michael


And now your being mature ending the same argument. Some seems not right here
  • 0

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
User avatar
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 am
Location: NY
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 am

@ Gepard:
You mean the no proof? There is proof, just little bits and pieces of proof, but nothing that will make you believe 100%, because that would take away the whole faith thing. (By the way, if you like the newsboys, casting crowns, and switchfoot, you would probably like Kutless, Thousand foot krutch, and Third day.)
  • 0

User avatar
potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Maryland
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:47 am

No it's not right - but that's 'cos you've misinterpreted me, but first off it wasn't pointless - it wouldn't quite go down in the useful argument ever but I wouldn't say it's pointless.

Secondly I called him immature for ending an argument almost straight away and then expecting everyone else to give him the last say. I've never done that. I said (and please go back and look if you want....)
"Now please feel free to tell me I'm wrong but I will say no more on this subject"

and was merely reminding people in my last post that I'm saying no more on the subject hence the "As I said - " at the start. I encouraged people to reply - he essentailly said "just listen to me".

I also made at least two requests for proof (that at no point I said existed) from the board members and no one could give me any. And so I have no more to say on the subject. I asked for proof no one could give me any. I've read other people's thoughts on the matter and I've suggested my own. I'm not going to argue for the sake of it. Hence so I said I don't talk about it any further (as well as the thought that soon these are going to be deleted).

Michael


MERGED:

Yeah love Cry Out To Jesus actually - just havn't got as many Third Day songs as the others so didn't mention it. :D I'll look into the others.

By proof though I mean something that you HAVE to say is made by God and I think you'll agree that even though the Human brain for example is extremely complex I can't agree that you have to it is made by God, there is still that 0.00001% chances that could allow it to be explained by something like evolution. And whilst I admit that it is extremely unlikely going so far as to say that's proof I think is a bit far.

I also think that if actual proof exists then it means you wouldn't need faith in God. As you said Faith is believing in something that you can't see, and if you say that the human brain (as well as the rest of the body) was made by God then surely you can see it so it's not faith....if that makes sense?

Michael
  • 0

Last edited by Gepard on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'