Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 49 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Engine on bike

All non-spudgun related discussion goes here such as projects, theories, serious questions, etc. All "off-topic" posts (aka useless posting, determined by moderators) will be removed.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:56 am

ive done this with a bmx, we made a rear axle(no diff) with a go-cart tyres with honda 160cc fourstroke with a clutch:D did 45 with the right gearing, consider that?

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:33 pm

MisterSteve124 wrote:ok well if you really aren't going to listen to me when i say that I don't want to pedal and keep telling me that I should do it so I can I would just appreciate it if you could take your advice elsewhere. :wink:

Fine, as you wish. I am just saying, you are on many occasions going to wish you had the ability to pedal.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Yeah what if you ran out of gas? What state do you live in? In some states there are power limits for riding vehicles without a license.

Summer Projects:
CO2 tank hybrid: Gotta fix the meter :(
Cane gun: Needs a pilot/fill setup
1.5" piston valve gun: Almost done
iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: MisterSteve124 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Fine, as you wish. I am just saying, you are on many occasions going to wish you had the ability to pedal.

I'm pretty sure that you don't know what I am going to wish. iPaintball this will get atleast 130mpg I think I will be smart enough to fill it up before I leave and I don't even plan on going more the 50miles.

MisterSteve124
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I am pretty sure that I do, as I have witnessed many situations where people who are operating motorized vehicles would have killed for another power option aside from walking. The fact that you could set this bike up to be pedaled OR motorized very easily makes me wonder why the hell you would want to scrap the pedal system altogether.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: MisterSteve124 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:19 pm

I know it could be done easily but it would just be a little more money and right now I am trying not to spend over 100 bucks. I've already spent a ton of money this summer. And it would just be another thing that could go wrong, since I don't have very much experience with this I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I can always take the chain off the motor and switch it to the pedals if i really need to get hom and something went wrong.

Ok I changed my mind someone that I know weighed a 3hp briggs and straton engine that they had and it was 37lbs so thats too much. So we decided to use craftsman 42cc chainsaw engines I think that should be enough because they sell friction drive 40cc engine kits that go 30-35mph. I should get more speed with a chain driven.

I finally got the chainsaw I'm using and last night I started to disassemble the chainsaw. I was going to just buy a new clutch that would fit a bike chain but I don't think I will be able to find one that will fit. So do you guys think I would be ok just grinding down the teeth on the outer clutch housing and just getting a bike sprocket weld on to the outside and use that? Any potential problems? Thanks

MisterSteve124
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Discussion