Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 38 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Rifle Style Cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Rifle Style Cannon

Unread postAuthor: ShowNoMercy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 pm

This is my new rifle styled cannon that I built out of parts and other odds and ends I had laying around. It is a 1 inch stock with a 1 inch sprinkler valve and has an on board 9 oz C02 tank for pressure. As of now it looks like a mess due to a leak in the t fittings, that is getting fixed tonight, and other than that I cant wait to bring it out to a paint ball game soon before it gets to cold for PVC.

I know have a .40 caliber barrel on from an old blowgun and I use it to shoot the darts with a small tail. I can get two shots from one charge of the chamber and as soon as I get some black paint I will put more pics up. As for damage, this thing can sink a 2inch nail into a chunk of wood at 50 ft. :D

Attachments
C02.JPG
C02 System
Whole gun.JPG
Whole gun
Whole gun.JPG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 631 times
Last edited by ShowNoMercy on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, no need to pray
The gates of pearl have turned to gold
It seems you've lost your way
ShowNoMercy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: noob of noobs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:26 am

Looks sweet. Have fun paintballing...
I was looking at your sprinkler valve, and I don't see a solenoid or blowgun. How's it fired?

noob of noobs
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: williamfeldmann » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 am

I like it. What kind of regulator did you use with the autofill system? Does the reg system use a shutoff valve or is it continuous?

I take it because of the leaks you don't know your range and number of shots in a tank and whatnot yet, post them when you get a chance, along with a pic of it all painted.

Is your magazine fixed or does it twist to load, like a bolt?

@noob
That is a rainbird valve, I'm pretty sure. That thingie sticking out of the middle of the cap is a manual bleed port and by twisting it allows the valve to fire. It is not as fast as a blowgun would be but also $6 cheaper than buying a blowgun and 1/8" fitting.

Trying to figure out how to make a SCUBA first stage regulator work for portable charging station. If only that pesky job thing didn't keep eating up all my time...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
williamfeldmann
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: ShowNoMercy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:51 am

The sprinkler is electrical and the solenoid has not been put on for that picture. The regukator was bought from swampworks a while ago and I think it puts out a constant 115 psi. However I use the know on the tank to turn it on or off, a gauge on the gun is in the process of being put on.

Jesus saves, no need to pray
The gates of pearl have turned to gold
It seems you've lost your way
ShowNoMercy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database