Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 43 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Airsoft Shotgun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Airsoft Shotgun

Unread postAuthor: Zippster » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Hey guys, yes I'm new, but this is already my third cannon, second pneumatic. Sorry for no pics - couldnt find my camera upload cable. So heres a rough description

Its small - chamber only 1 foot of 2inch pvc - going straight into a ball valve to the breech and foot-long 1inch barrel. The breech is just an open coupling between the valve and the barrel, in which you place a 2 inch long 'shell'. The shell has 8 airsoft pellet-sized 1.5inch brass tubes glued inside in somewhat of a honeycomb. The back ends of the tubes are slightly pinched so that pellets dont come out of them. You fill the tubes in the shell w/ pellets, w/ wadding in the front so they dont fall out.

It pressurizes really quickly to upwards of 100 PSI, yet the performance is somewhat lacking - pellets kinda spray everywhere in a 15ft radius im guessing with a range of about 60ft.

I'll try to get pics up soon, but suggestions to improve performance would be appreciated - I'd especially like to hear about potentially using C02, or maybe a backpack refilling tank for quick reloading. I look forward to your feedback.

EDIT: Pictures

Last edited by Zippster on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zippster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: mike1010 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:31 pm

once you post pics it will be easier to help you.

mike1010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: thespeedycicada » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:39 pm

try individual barrels about ten and put three bbs in each works great.

current projects: co-axial piston valve.Status DONE!
S.P.E.C.S update mk 1 construction begining in febuary all the maths for it are done plans are drawn up and parts are listed.
NEXT project:auto piston valve.
thespeedycicada
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: f.c » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:43 pm

sounds like a nice little gun. im waiting to see pictures.

f.c
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Zippster » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:55 pm

There are little 2 inch shells with 8 individual barrels each with about 3 bbs already, lol. It could be that the air is escaping around the edges, but I plugged with glue - I dunno. Just its like that already

Zippster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Zippster » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 pm

I've been thinking about it, and I've pretty much concluded that its the slow ball valve thats the problem. I'm not all that knowledgable in the ways of valves, but I've thought of a way to use a check valve like a trigger. Connect the check valve to a tee fitting so that the one-way part prevents the air from leaving the chamber, then have a rod sticking through the capped far end of the valve to operate it. If anyone is still reading, feedback and 'th@ wont werk cuz..."'s are welcome

Zippster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database