Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Double Shot (High Pressure Mini)

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:09 am

Acetal piston (o'ring and integral Polyurethane sealing face) with 1mm equalization hole


Where is the equalisation hole? I suggest you fill it in and just rely on the notches in the front to let air into the chamber. Don't worry about the air between the disks, it can act as a "static" body of air while firing.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: Chuck » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:34 am

I like your idea. I am going to build one out of some PVC I have and put the shredder valve in the end like you did, but I am also running a air line from the end into a air blow gun. What do yall think. Chuck
  • 0


Chuck
Specialist
Specialist
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:54 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Acetal piston (o'ring and integral Polyurethane sealing face) with 1mm equalization hole


Where is the equalisation hole? I suggest you fill it in and just rely on the notches in the front to let air into the chamber. Don't worry about the air between the disks, it can act as a "static" body of air while firing.


It is there (very hard to see) Oh well, off towork to modify the piston :)
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: st.croixsurfer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:48 pm

I am so going to make one of those. Maybe aq bit bigger. But that is a work of art. I just have one question. What do you use for a bumper?
How much did it cost? Sorry that was two questions. oh well. Really nice gun mate. I hope to see more of your work later on.
  • 0


st.croixsurfer
Specialist
Specialist
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:48 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:25 pm

st.croixsurfer wrote:I am so going to make one of those. Maybe aq bit bigger. But that is a work of art. I just have one question. What do you use for a bumper?
How much did it cost? Sorry that was two questions. oh well. Really nice gun mate. I hope to see more of your work later on.


Hey surfer, the bumper is made from 40a duro polyurethane (bit softer than a pencil eraser). The cost?, well i actually get paid to make guns :D
The only cost was the chamber but it's an offcut from a previous build, actual cost of that piece was 90cents 8) (i paid $15 for 2mtr length), but when you consider that i was on the bundy clock at work i actually made around $40-50. God i love my life at times :P
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: st.croixsurfer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:40 pm

what is your job that you get paid to make cannons ?
  • 0


st.croixsurfer
Specialist
Specialist
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:48 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:46 pm

I am employed as a industrial Machinist, i work for the family business.
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Very Nice build. I love the gold plate. Where did you get the chamber from?
  • 0

Kthx, BAI
User avatar
HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: windshrike » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:24 pm

I love the gun, especially the gold-plate, it adds a 'special touch' to the cannon. My only complaint is that this sort of trumps the coaxial mini I just finished. :x
  • 0

User avatar
windshrike
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:23 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spudgunnerwryyyyy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:57 pm

Thats nice man and unlike all of jsr's minis, theres no epoxy, honestly i though you took apart a bike pump and modded it then i remembered you had a lathe, damn its nice.
  • 0

The Doors are awesome, Led Zeppelin is amazing, and Motley Crue kicks @$$.
Go Orange Box

RAP SUCKS
User avatar
spudgunnerwryyyyy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:39 pm

HaiThar wrote:Very Nice build. I love the gold plate. Where did you get the chamber from?


At the local scrapeyard, sadly it was closed down about 1 month ago :cry:
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: pyrogeek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:18 am

Novacastrian wrote:
jrrdw wrote:Man that is a nicely built "mini"??? I like the way you cut your own threads, i don't have that down yet, but i'm working on it. What kinda lathe do you have? CNC, manaul??? I have a HF 8X12 it's manaul and lacks the quick change gear box.


Thanks for all the comments, The lathe i use is a big chinese made thing, 660mm swing with a 2000mm bed. I gain my info in regards to threads in machinists info books, but most of my threads are not standard.

Gear box is the only way i can cut a thread :wink:
The lathes they have at my school are pretty old. We're talking like WWII era machines. Very heavy, well built machines. These had a gearbox you could only shift while it was off. Same with the back gear. You had to pull a pin out, and then a lever was pulled to bring a shaft forward that would reverse the direction the piece moved. That was for threading and other slow operations.
And while threading, there was a dial that would turn, and you had to wait for it to get to the same point before engaging the feed for the tool. That was just a clutch you engaged or disengaged, which was mounted on the apron. Not very hard at all. You'd change the feed speed for the TPI you wanted, and then go at it. You just had to make sure to be cutting with the piece rotating the opposite direction as usual, or you got left hand threads. :oops: Luckily though, I only did that on one thing, and I could simply turn it down and rethread it correctly. Not the end of the world.

Damn, if only I could somehow procure one of those machines...I'd be unstoppable. Especially if I could get access to a mill. That settles it, I'm breaking into my school during the summer and using their machines at night. I'll just clean up, and leave $20 on the teachers desk afterwards.
  • 0

I'm weird, I know it, you don't need to tell me.

pyrogeek
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: moline Illinios
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:31 am

pyrogeek wrote:
Novacastrian wrote:
jrrdw wrote:Man that is a nicely built "mini"??? I like the way you cut your own threads, i don't have that down yet, but i'm working on it. What kinda lathe do you have? CNC, manaul??? I have a HF 8X12 it's manaul and lacks the quick change gear box.


Thanks for all the comments, The lathe i use is a big chinese made thing, 660mm swing with a 2000mm bed. I gain my info in regards to threads in machinists info books, but most of my threads are not standard.

Gear box is the only way i can cut a thread :wink:
The lathes they have at my school are pretty old. We're talking like WWII era machines. Very heavy, well built machines. These had a gearbox you could only shift while it was off. Same with the back gear. You had to pull a pin out, and then a lever was pulled to bring a shaft forward that would reverse the direction the piece moved. That was for threading and other slow
operations.
And while threading, there was a dial that would turn, and you had to wait for it to get to the same point before engaging the feed for the tool. That was just a clutch you engaged or disengaged, which was mounted on the apron. Not very hard at all. You'd change the feed speed for the TPI you wanted, and then go at it. You just had to make sure to be cutting with the piece rotating the opposite direction as usual, or you got left hand threads. :oops: Luckily though, I only did that on one thing, and I could simply turn it down and rethread it correctly. Not the end of the world.

Damn, if only I could somehow procure one of those machines...I'd be unstoppable. Especially if I could get access to a mill. That settles it, I'm breaking into my school during the summer and using their machines at night. I'll just clean up, and leave $20 on the teachers desk afterwards.


Hey pyro, the machines i learnt to fabricate on were as you described- old pieces of junk. I'd go at it with my sharpened H.S.S. cutter, with varying results :lol: From motley looking burred up threads to nice shiny bits.
I love turning as they call it here in oz. The limits you can attain are only checked by imagination and learned skills.
I love the look i get from friends and family when i produce my latest *creation*. Be the response good or bad i always go away happy.
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: pyrogeek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:33 am

Hey, they're old as hell, but not junk. They're really heavy duty. Anything that can withstand the abuse that teenage idiots put them through and still be able to turn a piece of steel down to a thousandths of an inch within what you are aiming for is fine by me. I'd rather have one of those old machines than a new one from Harbor Freight.
  • 0

I'm weird, I know it, you don't need to tell me.

pyrogeek
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: moline Illinios
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 am

Hope they don't look like this.
Image
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'