Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

First Sprinkler Pneumatic

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Looks like a sweet cannon Trooper, do you know the capacity of your chamber? I ask because i think my next project will involve a sprinkler valve and look somewhat like your cannon. :wink:
Nice job, any chance of damage pics?

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:54 pm

Novacastrian wrote:Looks like a sweet cannon Trooper, do you know the capacity of your chamber? I ask because i think my next project will involve a sprinkler valve and look somewhat like you cannon. :wink:

wowowowow, hold on a minute. You have the facilities to machine one of the best pistons on the site, but your going to use a SPRINKLER?? meh whatever you want man :roll:

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:01 pm

mopherman wrote:
Novacastrian wrote:Looks like a sweet cannon Trooper, do you know the capacity of your chamber? I ask because i think my next project will involve a sprinkler valve and look somewhat like you cannon. :wink:

wowowowow, hold on a minute. You have the facilities to machine one of the best pistons on the site, but your going to use a SPRINKLER?? meh whatever you want man :roll:

Yes that is correct, i only realised the other day that i had not completed a PVC build, EVER. (came close but blew the end off my chamber)
How much more power will i be able to obtain with a piston? I just wanted to make a gun the way everyone else seems to make them to be able to appriceate the power of "normal" spuddy, (please don't flame me for saying "normal"). In other words i wanted to build a cannon without the use of my lathe! :D

Edit: I just realised you complemented my piston, Cheers :P

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:05 pm

the performance increase depends on the bore size. with a 1/5 barrel, you will get at least a 50% velocity increase with a piston over your garden variety sprinkler.(pulling numbers outa my ass here)

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Yeah sure ill post some damage pictures in this response just got to go get my camera be right back.
Okay, here they are!:Image
This cannon is a beast compared to my ball valves! :twisted:

Oh and answering your question
Novacastrian wrote:Looks like a sweet cannon Trooper, do you know the capacity of your chamber? I ask because i think my next project will involve a sprinkler valve and look somewhat like your cannon. :wink:

My Chamber is pi*0.75*0.75*15=26.5 cubic inches

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: The Reinforcement » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 pm

it was awsome when it fired and i was there

The Reinforcement
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:59 pm

Firing paintballs from it was probably the best ammo, you can fire it at walls and such but it will not damage or dent them only leave a nice mark. A good way to test accuracy if you need to. Anyone else shoot some fun things out of 3/4" barrel?

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:05 am

shoot some batteries wrapper in a little duct tape

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:21 am

Umm, i always have thought that shooting batteries that contain acid is a bad idea. Won't the acid explode everywhere when the battery hits something like plywood? Also, is Penetrating 1/4" plywood on your first spinkler pneumatic something impressive?

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:54 am

I have never had a battery explode.
But shooting empty co2s are really fun

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:00 am

Darn if only i had a couple co2's, i think i used to have a couple from a science project but i'm not sure where they are now

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Pilgrimman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:54 am

Anyone else shoot some fun things out of 3/4" barrel?

I shoot glue sticks. The kind I have fit unbelievably, likely within a hundredth of an inch, but still will fall down the barrel. It took 7 seconds for it to fall down a 4 foot barrel, the fit is that good!

Yeah, we wouldn't want to anger the bees, now would we??

I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES!

LMAO Classic!!!! I love Family Guy!
Pilgrimman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:02 am

Wow, now that is a smooth and tight fit!

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:54 am

Thats not "bad" damage, i had expected more though. I'm sorry if i missed it but what psi do you fire at?

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:02 am

Well i'm not sure what else to shoot at. Also my barrel needs to be 2 times longer for a 1:1 ratio right now its at 2:1, chamber:barrel. I ran out of PVC. (only 90 psi)

Last edited by TheTrooper on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database