Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

HPVR -First Copper Rifle/Cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:14 pm

oh the pressure gauge actually makes the handle feel better because you wrap your thumb around it..lol dmg pics will be up shortly.

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm

cwazy1 wrote:ahh yes seat diameter is 1.25"

Really? A 1/2" barrel is a bit of a waste of that flow then.
I'd go up to 3/4" or 1" at least.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:26 pm

oh okay just looked strange to me i still luv it

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:57 pm

nice.. I like it very much, damage pics please

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:29 pm

rag: haha yeah on ggdt, it warns me about the flow restriction, but i would go with a larger diameter barrel, but i wanna shoot marbles..maybe i'll add a potato barrel just for the heck of it.

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm

cwazy1 wrote:rag: haha yeah on ggdt, it warns me about the flow restriction, but i would go with a larger diameter barrel, but i wanna shoot marbles..maybe i'll add a potato barrel just for the heck of it.

Heres a tempting ammo option..... screwdrivers. Yeah, most fit pretty snug in 1 inch pvc. You could afford a 1 inch barrel

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:47 pm

^^ ROFL :shock:

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:38 pm

uhh sorry double post.

so i added the qev as the pilot and well its nice and shoots better, but now, i have discovered a leak. its quite big because im losing some serious psi really fast....the thing is that i dont know where this leak is comming from. theres absolutly no sound and its leaking 1psi/second!

any ideas?

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: LikimysCrotchus5 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:38 am

Soap test?

Lets look this up :D

*computer voice* "Soap Test" - "To make a water and soap solution and then apply to a general area where the leak may be, only to see that bubbles are being created and therefore finding the leak"

4SPC, My 4" piston 3" porting cannon
Memo:
Fix up copper cannon
Fix up 4SPC
Start Stirrup pump
Start Toolies piston bazooka
LikimysCrotchus5
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:47 am

okay yeah i just did that, but instead, i just dunked the whole cannon into a tub of water. EVERY single threadded component that was 1" or above leaked, none of the small threadded joints leaked. wow what am i doing wrong?? should i use the the pipe puddy stuff instead of teflon??

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:50 am

cwazy1 wrote:okay yeah i just did that, but instead, i just dunked the whole cannon into a tub of water. EVERY single threadded component that was 1" or above leaked, none of the small threadded joints leaked. wow what am i doing wrong?? should i use the the pipe puddy stuff instead of teflon??

First, buy a ton of Teflon. Wrap your threads until your can barely see the tips of the threads. Be sure to wrap in the same direction that it threads in, so id doesn't get striped off.

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:55 am

Are you using gas telfon tape or water grade stuff?

Use a couple of turns of the gas stuff, then tighten the fittings with extreme prejudice.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:35 pm

im using the white stuff....i think thtas the water grade right?? is the gas grade the yellow thick stuff, (sulfur based teflon)???

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:04 pm

all these nice copper piston guns floating around are making me want to make one in fact i want to make a combustion a hybrid and a steam cannon aswell but thats just me :D but seriously thats a nice cannon you have there but i wouldn't waste any money on a 6mm barrel beause it would have to be massivly long to be effecient for your size of chamber and i hope you get the leaks sorted out soon.

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:35 pm

thats true, if i wanted maxium efficiency with a 6m barrel, it would have to be ~169" long but at that length, i would be hitting around 2160fps...what i was thinking is a 60" 6mm barrel (only one foot longer than what i have right now) and that would give me 1400fps.

but yeah so can anyone answer my question post above^^ on the teflon tape type??

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database