Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

First semi-good gun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:38 pm

MrCrowley wrote:Nice job, looks familiar to singularity's 25mm sniper rifle. Did you see it on instructables? :)

i prefer this one to sigularity's *gasp* because i don't like the postion of the trigger ad grip on his :)

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Cosmic Muffin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 pm

ok well i fixed the leak but now whenever i fire it the next time i go to pump it up it just goes straight through the valve and out through the barrel and the next time i want to shoot it i have to take the top off the solenoid and take out the diaphram then put it back in. then i screw it back together and shoot, and repeat the process thru again. what happend?

yer Grumpy, i got some damage with the end of a crossbow bolt. i shot it through a milo can and lost it :cry: it was buried in the ground probably. ill take some pics of the milo tin tho

the barrel is approx 40cm but u usually put on my other copper barrel which is still 10mm but its around 1.2m although it dont have a bolt action[/quote]

Cosmic Muffin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: battlemonkey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm

I always thought that crossbow bolts would make good amo. Im not sure why your solienoid valve would do that. Wen you modded it did you take a spring out of solienoid valve?

battlemonkey
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Nice. I've always liked a good "sniper," and this is one of them. Have you considered mounting the blowgun into the handle to give it a more rifle - like feel?

Get your barrel support in place and show us what it can do!

BTW: Have you seen the Sprinkler Valve Troubleshooting Guide? It may be able to assist you.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: dewey-1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 pm

--

Last edited by dewey-1 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewey-1
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Cosmic Muffin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:45 pm

no mate i deffinatley made sure the spring was in there but i may have found the problem ( bit of de javu going on here ) :lol: but the spring was getting stuck on the hose barb that i drilled into the side and so the diaphram was getting stuck on the guide rod, i hope i fixed it this time

good idea with mounting the blowgun in the handle cheers for that ill give it a shot

its a gardenmate, i think yer a gardenmate 25mm solenoid valve
and i usually fill it with a pump but im going over to a friends today and hes got an air compressor i stuck one of those quick fill valves on last night so i hope it works

Cosmic Muffin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database