Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

best cheap bb ammo

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
best cheap bb ammo

Unread postAuthor: dilweed » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:03 am

lol today i went down to the bnq. i was looking for pipes for bbs. after i founf the ones i like, i went to the section with diferent sixes of beads, i chose, chrom plated ones and steel plated ones, each about 4 mm wide. i puimped up my gun to 140 psi (it can do 180 with the pump i have) i took aim at my really tough, thick shed door about 10 cm thick and fired from an angle from 25 yards away. it hit the wood and i ducked,but i didnt hear it ricochet. i never see the beads even at a distance. i went to the shed and it embeded in the door about 5 cm in!!!!! the bead didnt even have a tight fit in the barrel, i recon i can get between 700-900 feet per second!!!!!!do u think this would peirce skin and be lethal to birds and squirrels??

dilweed
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 am

for starters you cannot discuss the shooting of animals or humans.

and another thing, which gun are you using?

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: dilweed » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:24 am

im using a homemade bolt action airgun. 140-180 operating pressure 1/4 ball valve, small barrel about the size of the ball valve elastic band trigger mechanism, wodden stock, front and rear site. will soom add a piston or a single shot hammer valve

dilweed
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: best cheap bb ammo

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:27 am

dilweed wrote:do u think this would peirce skin and be lethal to birds and squirrels??

Um, you shouldn't really discuss this, nor would I recommend you try.

The thing is, spudguns have poor accuracy and terminal ballistics, which means you are unlikely to make a clean and humane kill shot, which could leave the animal suffering until you find some way to put it out of it's pain.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: dilweed » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 am

sorry its for pest controll. my house is surrounded by trees that are absolutely full of pigeons. they poo all over our house every day sand i have to spend hours trying to clean it on a ladder or with a water gun. hours that i need to spend studying and doing my homework! no other method has worked so i asked my mother and father what should i do? theyu said word for word, "KILL THE BASTARDS!"

dilweed
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:50 am

dilweed wrote:sorry its for pest controll. <snip> they said word for word, "KILL THE BASTARDS!"

I've got a similar problem, squirrels are damaging our bird feeders. And I have a launcher that could easily kill said squirrels if I were to load it with steel BBs and use it a little like a shotgun. My father even suggested it, although not in as many words.

However, I won't do that except if I've completely exhausted all other options, because I know that I risk not achieving a clean kill with it - it's simply not precise or accurate enough.
It's good, but it's not good enough that I'll risk it.

My prediction is that you'll just end up badly wounding said pigeons, and you'll then have to finish them off by another means.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:07 pm

dilweed wrote:im using a homemade bolt action airgun. 140-180 operating pressure 1/4 ball valve, small barrel about the size of the ball valve elastic band trigger mechanism, wodden stock, front and rear site. will soom add a piston or a single shot hammer valve

wow you have done what i am doing lol

im using a wooden stock from a real rifle firearm, brass barrel and a spring loaded 1/4" ball valve lol

cept i got 250psi and a 9x zoom scope 8)

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database