Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New "Thunderpup"

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
New "Thunderpup"

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Mon May 19, 2008 9:03 pm

ImageImage
I thought it was time I posted a cannon so I am posting this one I call The "Thunderpup" SPECS:

Valve: 3/4" Toro (because that's what I had)
Chamber: 1" Sch 40 x about 47"(elbows make it difficult to meas.)
Barrel(s): 1" Sch 40 x 30"(not including coupling)
* other barrel is 1/4" inside diameter or 3/8" ID Picture below
Handle: From a tape roller handle
Trigger: Husky blow nozzle w/ pnuematic hose and wire tied to handle.
*(It actually work very well ergonomically)

This pic shows how the smaller barrel sleeves together. The middle size is lamp pipe threaded through a 3/4" brass hose fitting which threads onto the 3/4" threaded Toro valve.

This was going to be an awesome damage shot. I shot some fragments left over of a spud and the cherub's head came clean off!!!(ooops)
No time to photo because,
(My roomate was getting home so I glued it back before she'd see)

ImageSo I did this damage pic instead because I couldn't fix it with super glue anyway :wink:
That shot was done at probably 70-80 PSI with (favorite) 1" barrel and a plastic shopping bag wadding and rocks for shot. The pot is bigger than it looks in the pic too.
I also shot an old crossbow bolt through it once with the 1/4" Barrel.
Future mods will be to make it breach loaded and maybe build another blow gun dart barrel. Also maybe test an auto refill system possibly

BTW I only used the Toro valve cause that's all had and the 1" PVC was 5 foot something and I found it in my garage. 8) 8) 8)

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: explsvcookie257 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Wow that is cool I like the pistol grip and the gun overall. Good job man keep up the good work!

explsvcookie257
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:07 pm

nice gun, it's a simple working design, i like it

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Nice and simple. Is it your first? If so, congrats on not giving it a giant cb like most first-timers (me included). One ergonomic suggestion I would recommend would be to cut off the back elbows and replace them with street elbows. It just gives the gun a more compact look.
BTW, don't go overboard with that orange pump. I melted some parts of mine by over pumping.

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: starman » Mon May 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Neat unit there Thunder...you do good work on your guns... :wink:

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Mon May 19, 2008 10:15 pm

mopherman wrote:Nice and simple. Is it your first? If so, congrats on not giving it a giant cb like most first-timers (me included). One ergonomic suggestion I would recommend would be to cut off the back elbows and replace them with street elbows. It just gives the gun a more compact look.
BTW, don't go overboard with that orange pump. I melted some parts of mine by over pumping.

Thanks for the replies guys,
@mopherman, This is my first sprinkler valve but yeah, my old combustion I had years ago had a huge C:B.
I've owned a lot of airguns and ball valve stuff and luckily been reading SpudFiles a while.

And I would definately look for the street elbows for anything larger diameter. This ones OK because it makes a good shoulder stock.
I was looking for a ladder boot to cover the elbows but couldn't find the right one.
Good thing you told me about that pump. I really only have to pump it about 10 times for fun at 25-30 I really have to push with my weight.

Things I forgot to mention, the hose is a little long and I plan to shorten it as much as possible but I like to shoulder fire it.
Also the barrel brace is 2x2 and everythings painted with $1 home depot spray paint, the hose clamps and all that touch the paint are wrapped from underneath with electrical tape.
8)

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: XxtriviumxX » Tue May 20, 2008 2:05 am

Very sexy cannon, nice clean design. :D

Erganomic, and effective. :)

XxtriviumxX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: biggsauce » Tue May 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Lookey here, quite a nice piece there bo. Looks clean, effective, and most importantly, fun

keep it up 8)

biggsauce
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 am

biggsauce wrote:Lookey here, quite a nice piece there bo. Looks clean, effective, and most importantly, fun
keep it up 8)

Thanks, Unfortunately I had already glued the elbows before you told me to use street elbows in the post I made titled "Modded Elbow?"

It worked out OK and I'm still looking for the ladder boot I was thinking of putting over the elbows for a cool shoulder stock.

I built this one out of stuff I had sitting around and I still haven't set up a work bench to organize tools/ more advanced builds, at the place I am staying now.

I am planning to give it to my nephew for his 14th B-day,
(He's taller than 6' already so the stock will work)
Incase his parents won't allow me to present it to him, I have a 1" valve and will be building a nerf football launcher probably painted brightly to look less like a "Gun" and then I'll post that one too.:wink:

Dang pvc, I was hoping my next project would be a metal cloud or a pnuematic "Metalstorm" concept with the 1" as one of several valves
And GB's loaded in one barrel like a roman candle. 8)

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database