Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 94 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 88 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The Recon Ops Terminator.

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: )DEMON( » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:25 pm

just use a small barrel, not any larger then the porting.
Or build a larger valve with a larger porting to fire a large barrel at full power.

Yep, that would work.

Thanks Brian, I wasn't aware of an actual working cannon using this valve layout, I have seen concepts though and even came up with one a while back.

There seems to be something wrong with pressurization of the cannon right now, I think something might have become lodged in the equalization hole, it was only 1mm in diameter so that would definitely be a possibility. I don't really want to take it apart now, I am concentrating my efforts on a new version. The problem that has appeared is causing the cannon to fire at a low velocity (apparently, I have not tested it for myself yet).

I must say I am a little disappointed from the feed back of my team but I must take in consideration outside factors. I definitely know what must be done on the second prototype. At least it worked.

Forever dreaming...
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database