Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

UPDATE: TG6 semi (almost)

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: starman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:01 am

Lots o' beefy parts on that thing. Nice work for just a "test gun" Only a few trim parts and it could be a permanent one. Good job Carl!

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:09 pm

looks nice and tight man! It would be nice if you could implement this into a wooden gun of something.

Antonio
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:32 pm

thanks guys!

for now i have stolen the valve off this gun for a pilot on a co ax but within a day or two it will be replaced with a 1/2" sqev with everything else the same

hooray for more power!

@ant: that was the plan in the end to mount onto a nice stock with a 3-9x scope and all, soon i hope

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 am

Can't really believe I missed this cannon.Do you still have it lying around or is it apart now?You should definitely get a stock for it or even make it into a little pistol or something.

I went to order a 1/2 QEV at a local engineering place and they quoted me about $50 with $17 shipping which I thought wasn't to bad and when it arrived which was about 3 months later I might add but they asked for $148 or something so I told them to shove it.I guess were this is going is it worth the investment of a QEV?

rna_duelers
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:40 am

YES!! The power is brillient and it pilots off the slighest pressure drop, there is crap all pilot volume either

If you wanna make a bb gun from a qev i can give ya 1 if you pay shipping. they are 1/8" chamber and pilot ports and the imperial size above 1/4" for the barrel port, its an SQEV (super quick exhast valve).

I bought 6 for 50$ back in the day off ebay

EDIT: Ive taken it apart but i am going to use an SQEV and put it onto a wooden rifle stock

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:48 am

Rightio I'm interested,Lets talk on msn much easyer.Oh and nice gun gota love when the deo can spray the camera haha.

rna_duelers
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:13 am

TG6 is now (almost) semi auto!

Just gotta make a bb selector, but at the moment i can fire one bb every 3 seconds by muzzle loading. i have doubled the chamber volume and increased the barrel length by a bit too.

I took a crap no sound vid but it wasnt exactly exiting without hearing the pop of everry shot so ill wait till i can come up with a bb selector.

any ideas?

Oh yea and it runs on propane!

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 am

Good stuff, though wouldn't it be better to have a blowgun pilot as opposed to a ball valve, otherwise it will be awkward to reset the QEV.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 am

ill post a pic in a sec, it has a bv to control flow to the gun and a blowgun pilot

edit: pics are up

the box pic was after a few minutes of shooting

the blowgun will be replace by a standard one once i find it...

Attachments
103_1445.JPG
103_1450.JPG
103_1452.JPG
Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SubsonicSpud » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:07 am

rna_duelers wrote:Can't really believe I missed this cannon.Do you still have it lying around or is it apart now?You should definitely get a stock for it or even make it into a little pistol or something.

I went to order a 1/2 QEV at a local engineering place and they quoted me about $50 with $17 shipping which I thought wasn't to bad and when it arrived which was about 3 months later I might add but they asked for $148 or something so I told them to shove it.I guess were this is going is it worth the investment of a QEV?

I have found a Aussie discount pneumatics store which seem pretty cheap, about AUD$38 for a 1/2 QEV http://www.bellpro.net They are Queensland based i believe, lots of other goodies on there too :twisted:

SubSonicSpud

SubsonicSpud
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database