Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

my first spudgun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
my first spudgun

Unread postAuthor: covey12 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:03 am

i built it for use in airsoft matches, basically its a giant shot gun, i use what i think is called coaxial rounds, but i may be wrong, its a coffee filters filled with bbs that opens up and they o every where

Attachments
DSC04413.JPG
left) is the charging valve, it keeps the air in a large tank, then you open and close it and it delivers air to the firing tank, so you get about 5 shots from one pumping session
DSC04412.JPG
this is the barrel, and the firing valve
DSC04414.JPG
this is the schrader valve for charging
DSC04411.JPG
whole gun
covey12
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: rp181 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 am

Is that epoxy putty holding it together? And how powerfull is it with such a smll firing chamber? WTB Damage pics :)

rp181
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: covey12 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:50 am

yea its epoxy, im looking for that color paint that looks military green, like the kind on real panzerfuasts, it shoots about 300 fps on 90 psi, thats what i normally use goes about 20m. and like 1000fps at 200psi(complete overkill to use if your pissed at the other team :twisted: ) ill pu some pics of some ammo i use and damage

covey12
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: starman » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:11 am

Ehhh, that's pretty cool...the whole big tank/little tank thing. You do realize each shot will get progressively less powerful don't you? If you could somehow get a regulator between the big and little tank and limit the shots to say 20-30 PSI, you could get all consistant shots, save maybe the last one. Also if you had made the big tank even bigger with a larger diameter, it would last longer still.

But, it's simple and reasonably effective. The epoxy is probably a little overkill, but it actually seems to give it a little character.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: FishBoy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:15 pm

covey12 wrote:yea its epoxy, im looking for that color paint that looks military green, like the kind on real panzerfuasts, it shoots about 300 fps on 90 psi, thats what i normally use goes about 20m. and like 1000fps at 200psi(complete overkill to use if your pissed at the other team :twisted: ) ill pu some pics of some ammo i use and damage

200 psi?!?!? all i can say is be carefull, thats isn't safe for the kind of pvc you're using

btw, nice build, welcome to spudfiles

"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!
FishBoy
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

covey12 wrote:complete overkill to use if your pissed at the other team :twisted:

No, if it's truly doing that velocity, it is not[/b] to be used on the other team for any reason whatsoever.
That kind of velocity, even with plastic BBs, can be lethal.

However, I have doubts it is actually doing that. Assuming the 300fps/90 psi figure is correct, as a rough guess, I would expect about 450 fps from 200 psi, based on energy/force comparisons.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: covey12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
covey12 wrote:complete overkill to use if your pissed at the other team :twisted:

No, if it's truly doing that velocity, it is not[/b] to be used on the other team for any reason whatsoever.
That kind of velocity, even with plastic BBs, can be lethal.

However, I have doubts it is actually doing that. Assuming the 300fps/90 psi figure is correct, as a rough guess, I would expect about 450 fps from 200 psi, based on energy/force comparisons.

actually it does shoot 1000 fps, becuz at 200 psi i dont use the slug round, i use a shell like sgtmik did, its a big tube, with cut up pens in it that fits snug ly in the barrel, only the bbs leave the shell, the shell doesnt shoot more than about 2feet, and at 1000 fps i only use it for sniping, not up close, maybe about 50yds

covey12
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: covey12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 pm

FishBoy wrote:
covey12 wrote:yea its epoxy, im looking for that color paint that looks military green, like the kind on real panzerfuasts, it shoots about 300 fps on 90 psi, thats what i normally use goes about 20m. and like 1000fps at 200psi(complete overkill to use if your pissed at the other team :twisted: ) ill pu some pics of some ammo i use and damage

200 psi?!?!? all i can say is be carefull, thats isn't safe for the kind of pvc you're using

btw, nice build, welcome to spudfiles

the pvc i got can max up to 330 psi, so i thought that was safe, is it?
i havnt had ny problems yet except the epoxy blew a hole so some air comes out unfortunatley i gotta saw it off
IF ANYONE DECIDES TO MAKE THIS DONT USE SLIDING PARTS, USE ALL THREADED SO IT WONT LEAK, THE LEAKS WILL PISS YOU OFF :evil: just thought id share

covey12
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: CpTn_lAw » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 pm

covey12 wrote:actually it does shoot 1000 fps, becuz at 200 psi i dont use the slug round, i use a shell like sgtmik did, its a big tube, with cut up pens in it that fits snug ly in the barrel, only the bbs leave the shell, the shell doesnt shoot more than about 2feet, and at 1000 fps i only use it for sniping, not up close, maybe about 50yds

I have doubts...Even my 6mm pneumatic coaxial pumped at 250 psi didn't manage to get past 1000 fps... I had to pump it to 350 to achieve 1300 fps.

Maybe a chrono reading? :roll:

Still, great for a first ;) have fun with that bad boy huh

"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: i-will » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:07 pm

looks like fun. i wouldn't take it to the field though. put a mag system on it and it's ready for combat. it's a nice first.

WHY PAY FOR IT WHEN U CAN MAKE IT?
i-will
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Demon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm

I like the shot repeter system!

its cool and so simple!

you could add a breech loader system and you will have an semi auto shotgun :twisted:

EDIT: if you wanna keep the same velocity at each shot, reduce at each time the number of bb's in your round.

Demon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database