Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Burst Disk Cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: SP00K » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:41 pm

Shrapnel isn't really an issue when PET bottles explode, they tend to tear as opposed to shattering. The best protection you need in that situation is a good set of earplugs

Tru, you're right. although if you have it leaning up against your body and the bottle is right up to your side, things could go wrong. (yeah, there's relatively nothing to worry about when it comes to FLYING shrpanel).

My first potato launcher, I was in sixth grade and doing a comparison of combustion verses pneumatic cannons, the website I had gotten plans off of, the guy posted pics of what had happened to his chest because of a soda bottle reservoir. It was bruised and had a pretty nasty cut.

So that's just what I was thinking of when I said shrapnel. :)

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database